Lights for calving shed/weaning shed

Help Support CattleToday:

Till-Hill

Reaction score
Built a 38 wide x 20 deep mono-slope open front shed facing the south. Something like 11' 6'' tall in front 7' 6'' in the back, what would you put in there for lights?

Will also probably double as show calves, sale bull facility for now. I do 90% of my stuff in the dark......if I have the light!

Also want a flood light out front to light up hopefully a 20' x 40' pen or more and about the same on the side for the load out area.....

Do you have mains power to the shed? There are a lot of good battery powered options these days. I just bought a LED worklight that clips onto my litium iron batteries for my rechargeable power tool system, gives good light and goes forever on a single charge. I bought it for the upcoming calving season, hope I don't have to use it.

Ken

I have 100 amp service being pulled to run 2 150 watt deicer for Waters, the rest power will be for cattle blowers, fans, lights, etc.

Amazon is full of good LED lights. I bought a 60w LED street light for my deer feeder in the back yard and it's twice as bright as my old 150w style street light..

Make sure whatever you buy to put them high. My two fans in my loafing shed turned into boxing bags for my stupid bull over the winter. He won that fight!

Latest posts