Life's Milestones

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
Life has milestones whether your ready or not.

First time one of your kids drove off in a car without you because they just got their DL.

I believe I can live through this. She has been driving since she was 12. She can avoid the other folks.

I Believe.

I know buddy, worse yet when she leaves and there's a boy driving :cry2: .

Larry

Wewild":1zhi2b38 said:

First time one of your kids drove off in a car without you because they just got their DL.

I believe I can live through this. She has been driving since she was 12. She can avoid the other folks.

I Believe.
A side note, I drove for years without a drivers license. When I did get one it didn't make a bit of difference in my driving ability.

I know how you feel. Next milestone is going to be when you help them load their stuff to go off to school. And that's gonna be a lot sooner than you imagine. Was it not just last month that you took the training wheels off her bike? Seems like it don't it? Where does the time go? Time flies, might as well enjoy every precious minute of it. She'll do fine.

Next thing you know they will be getting married, having babies and making you a granpa
Dang where did all of the time go
sure makes ya feel old and hope you did all you could so they have a better life than you
I believe that what we all work for in raising our kids is that they don't make the same mistakes we did and that life is easier for them than it was us and we hope and pray that they have a happy and fulfilling life
if we accomplished this than we can actually say we have truly done something in our lifetime

When you stop to really think about it, you can see just how fast time goes by. My parents will probably be gone within the next few years, so then my brother and I will be "old school".

Not something I'm looking forward to....

its nerve wreaking,,right before they got their licence, i took mine on the back roads and tried to show them all the dangers.. even made them run off the edge of the road slow down and ease back on.. the not jerk... ive heard alot of horror stories about that,,, almost had one of my own.

Ryder":1drsohp9 said:
Wewild":1drsohp9 said:

I Believe.
A side note, I drove for years without a drivers license. When I did get one it didn't make a bit of difference in my driving ability.

Same here but it did make a difference in my bank account. My friend "the DPS officer" told me he'd give me a ticket everytime he saw me....didn't care if I got my license or not...and the rascal kept his word.......needless to say I finally went and got them....cost a whole $3.00..... :oops:

Latest posts