Life Regrets

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/min ... spartandhp

Thought this might just interest someone. At my age there is no regrets. Thought about it and one regret was to have a career which I did should have stayed at it instead of trying to have a dairy farm . Regret putting a lot of assets in dairy farming. Wished that I had took vacations to different places with the kids when they were younger. Mistakes made in the past are history and cannot be wished away and so why dwell on them. I did spend 35 years in a professional job which amounts to 44% of my working life.

I regret that life is not longer. Even if you live to the ripe age of 90, you only scratch the surface. So many experiences, that will never be known.

I always regret not marrying Heather Locklear...............

PvZZQUo.jpg

No regrets now...........

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... story.html

locklear-heather-2037484.jpg

cfpinz":228tztpj said:
jltrent":228tztpj said:
You see what a mess you made of that poor gal when you turned her down?

Clearly, she's never gotten over you!

It looks like she has hit rock bottom, as I hope for her sake she can get it back together. Just kidding on the regret.

My 'regrets' are so few and so insignificant, I can't really say I have any and all things considered if I had a 'do over' I'd do em all the same way.
Well Ma'am, Time is the eternal river. I suggest we not try to swim upstream. Cactus (stick with Jack, you'll make it back) Jack

I have a major regret. I don't like to talk about it, makes me sick to my stomach. It's the time I tried to make Rocky mountain oysters. I cut a big bull around lunch time. He was 7-800 lbs. I'm talking baseball sized. Put them in a plastic Subway bag and they were in my truck a couple hours and it was hot. That evening after a couple beers I started googling and decided to fry them up. Sliced and breaded. I was ok until lunch the next day then it hit me. It was bad. That is one of the very few things I will NEVER eat again EVER.

That's a tough question. I suppose there are some things I would do differently, but I guess they are small. The one thing I seem to have done differently than most other people is that I have refused to participate in the rat race and run around like a chicken with its head cut off all the time. I've been able to enjoy the simple things in life and don't regret living that way.

I have some. Some are big, a few real big, and some are small. But you can't go back because yesterday is gone. Tomorrow isn't promised. So do the best that you can today. And if you are still here when tomorrow comes do the best that you can again. Keep doing that and it will work itself out in the end.

For those that have regrets big or small and reuse there is nothing we can do about the past, do you try to steer your kids so they possibly won't gave the same regrets?

One of the wisest men, and wealthiest, to live in the history of the world, wrote a book in which he states that "all is vanity," even though he lived life to the fullest.
For at that moment in his life, he realized that the whole duty of man was to "fear God, and keep His commandments."
The only thing we will all regret at the end, is all the evil we did do, and all of the good we did not do.
"For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

sim.-ang.king":opi21jo5 said:
One of the wisest men, and wealthiest, to live in the history of the world, wrote a book in which he states that "all is vanity," even though he lived life to the fullest.
For at that moment in his life, he realized that the whole duty of man was to "fear God, and keep His commandments."
The only thing we will all regret at the end, is all the evil we did do, and all of the good we did not do.
"For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

Amen, and there in are most of my biggest regrets.

Dave":2nclixhe said:
sim.-ang.king":2nclixhe said:

+1000000000000000000000000000

jltrent":1lh7hehk said:
Dave":1lh7hehk said:
sim.-ang.king":1lh7hehk said:

+1000000000000000000000000000
The "evil we did do is fairly easy for me to understand. It's the "good" we did not do that I struggle with. For example should we give a dollar to every person on the corner with a sign that says "Vietnam vet, hungry and homeless"? I struggle with this and believe me I give to a lot of these people, ask anyone who knows me.

ohiosteve":28dgoxu3 said:
The "evil we did do is fairly easy for me to understand. It's the "good" we did not do that I struggle with. For example should we give a dollar to every person on the corner with a sign that says "Vietnam vet, hungry and homeless"? I struggle with this and believe me I give to a lot of these people, ask anyone who knows me.

Steve, that's a tough one. IMO, the problem is when you KNOW that you should do something, yet you do it not. If you're NOT SURE if it's the right thing to do or not, then you've got a justifiable excuse. But when you KNOW it's the right thing to do, then you should do it.

Anyone who experiences the last months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, of their parents lives will know that with advancing age and decreased cognitive capabilities, regret is not a factor. I picked my dad up from the nursing home, he was 92, and took him to the farm. He really enjoyed those visits during the last couple years of his mortal life. Dad loved animals. He never dwelled on regrets. He did hint to me that he doubted any after mortal life existence. I handled those discussions very delicately. I ask him why he had those doubts. He said, I cannot understand a God who would watch so many children suffer and let it go on.

I visited my mom and dad almost daily during their last two years of mortal existence. During their last days and hours, regret is not a factor. It is simply the surrender of our mortal life to that from which we came - the elements.

Latest posts