Life of tractor battery

Help Support CattleToday:

ibetyamissedme":11mh0mg7 said:
Hook":11mh0mg7 said:
The extended heat down here kills them all by the 3 rd or 4th year. Even in vehicles that get used everyday. Vibration and heat are the top reasons batteries die
How hot are we talking cause I've heard stories about that Florida heat.
We've already been down this road. It didn't end well last time and it won't again.

pdfangus":16fc38w1 said:
....finding the battery configuaration for that tractor took some looking.....big battery with both post on one end....

Sounds like a 4DLT. A lot of Ford tractors used a 4DLT. Should live a long life on a small tractor like a 3910.

The Lucas starter is already maxed out on the 8600 and 9600. And it takes everything a 4DLT can put out and then some to crank a 401 when it's -30 degrees. That's where a 200 amp booster charger works wonders.
;-)

Thought about this thread this morning. Had to put a new one in my truck. Replaced the one that came in it seven years ago. It was zero here at daylight.

fitz

fitz":1rr0lpf0 said:
Thought about this thread this morning. Had to put a new one in my truck. Replaced the one that came in it seven years ago. It was zero here at daylight.

fitz

man we were colder than you FitZ......

yesterday morning, Thursday, 1/30/2014, the temp displayed in the pickup was minus 2 here when I cranked it.....fortuantely the winds were calm....

today we are supposed to be near fifty......

I'm ready for those fifties, mud and all. They're saying maybe low sixties by Sunday.

fitz

Had a Ford battery in a tractor that lasted 18 years one time. Tractor ran every day. Just replaced the batteries in my truck the NAPA was still good the Advance Auto special was dead. They were 6 years old.

With everything I have that needs batteries, it seems like I always have some needing replacing....Just replaced the one's in one tractor last December, now the other doesn't like starting on cold mornings without being topped off with a charger.

Continental batteries last me about 36 months.

Latest posts