• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Lice on My newly purchased 19 day old N.D.Goat

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I`m desperate for information on lice treatment on my Baby goat. She was obviously infested when I bought her & I need any advice available. I`ve washed her with Adams flea & tick shampoo which killed the biggest part of them, & got some ivomec from the vet today & poured it on her spine. Will this one treatment rid the problem & kill the eggs? Is it possible for my children to get this type of lice & infest my home? My baby goat is 19 days old & a Nigerian Dwarf. This is our first animal, other than a dog. Any advice will be appreciated Thanks Verdonna
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

OP
A

Anonymous

I don't have experience with goats, but Ivomec is very effective on cattle infested with lice. In cows, lice seem to show up in the wintertime & one application or injection seems to solve the problem until the next winter. <p>I don't believe cattle lice can infest humans - I believe they are a different type, but your vet could tell you. Just give him or her a call and ask.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

Latest posts