Levi Jacket

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
levis-trucker-denim-jacket-mens

I bought one of these over 30 years ago and just flat wore it out.

I bought a new one off e-bay. It was a large like my old one. Way too little. Large ain't large no more I guess.

I bought another one, an XL off Amazon. It fit, mostly anyway. The sleeves around my biceps are so tight I can't wear it with a long sleeve shirt, at least it isn't very comfortable being so tight and bound up. I tried another XL one on at Penny's the other day. Same thing.

The new one is made in Bangladesh. The old one does not say where it was made. Them Bangers must have pencil arms.

I read this on the interweb - Between 1981 and 1990 Levi Strauss & Co. closed 58 plants and put 10,400 people out of work. It shifted about half of its production overseas, where the best-paid seamstresses made about a tenth of the wages of their US counterparts. By 1990 Levi's had 600 subsidiaries and contractors in developing countries around the world, including Costa Rica, Mexico, Guatemala, the Dominican Republic, Brazil, the Philippines, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macao, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Indonesia.

To be fair, US policies forced those jobs overseas. And they just make what Levis pays them to make, Levis designs them. But Levis anti-gun bullshyt a couple weeks ago was enough for me to stick with Wranglers.

I still have some of my Levis pants from 20 years ago. They don't fit either. :D

a few weeks ago Levi's put out a statement that concealed carry was not welcome in their stores , while I never go into their stores I have worn levi's for yrs and actually my wife had just ordered me 4 more pair. After I told her I was never wearing levi's again she returned them and I went shopping to find a new jean brand. If this offends you IDC who in the heck is designing jeans now a bunch of queers??? they all have women's designs on the pockets or fancy stitching even on some wrangler jeans , when the sales lady told me those were men's jeans I told her they were for queers and apparently she didn't like that answer. after I didn't have any help I finally found the carhartt section and proceeded to try on the different styles till I found what I wanted. back on topic I prefer carhartt jackets but if you want to support an anti 2nd amendment company go ahead but im not giving money to them or the prissy people that have embroidered pockets on their jeans.

A few years ago the wife and I went to a Titans game in Nashville. I asked her why the guys around there were wearing girls clothes, they look like they had been beat in the azz with a bedazzler. She said they were men's pants now, I said No, they are not "Men's" pants. :lol:

I think jeans with stitching on the pocket is the style for young guys, even country boys wear them.
I wear wrangler 13mwz and I hear that's old men's britches

You can buy the old, vintage Levi's jackets on eBay
They're high for one that's close to new
Levi's won't be getting the sale

M-5":32rggoxm said:
a few weeks ago Levi's put out a statement that concealed carry was not welcome in their stores , while I never go into their stores I have worn levi's for yrs and actually my wife had just ordered me 4 more pair. After I told her I was never wearing levi's again she returned them and I went shopping to find a new jean brand. If this offends you IDC who in the heck is designing jeans now a bunch of queers??? they all have women's designs on the pockets or fancy stitching even on some wrangler jeans , when the sales lady told me those were men's jeans I told her they were for queers and apparently she didn't like that answer. after I didn't have any help I finally found the carhartt section and proceeded to try on the different styles till I found what I wanted. back on topic I prefer carhartt jackets but if you want to support an anti 2nd amendment company go ahead but im not giving money to them or the prissy people that have embroidered pockets on their jeans.
DAsh I just get the old boot cut model wrangler. No fancy stitching. Of course I don't have George Straits a$$ either. :shock:

M-5":1g3a9mxu said:
At Thanksgiving I asked my nephew why his girlfriend friend didn't come. Before he could answer I said oh I guess she didn't have anything to wear cause you got her jeans on.

That was my favorite line to all those Yank Engineers in the mid 80's. "My wife wears jeans like those."

Levi Strauss has been anti - gun and liberal since the 80's that I know of. They went hard against the NRA, and I can't say that I've owned any of their clothing since. I boycott every liberal anti - gun company and their products if I possibly can.

I had that jacket, back in the day. About the time of my mullet phase. If they ever invent a time machine, I'll be certain to hop in it, and go kick my own tail for that.

I to have noticed a femanine overtone in manly atire. Big white stitching on back pockets.

I wear 47 mwz. Buy em 6 at a time. I take em to a seemstress here in town, and get the legs tapered a little. My wife says they look rediculous. I always offer to take them off, and go in briefs. She never takes me up on it.

I still wear one when it's really cold (for here)
The old heavy denim with a blanket lining.
You can't beat it, gets dirty just throw it in the wash and it good as before.

Walls is good too if it's not really cold

Carhartt jacket and bibs. Haven't worn Levi's since high school. Wife bought me a pair of those fancy stitched pockets jeans. I told her to take them back. Then she told me what she paid for them...I said I can buy a dozen pair of $9 Rural king jeans for one pair of those...and still keep my pride.

Anybody tried any of the Duluth Trading clothes? I'm pretty sure my wife is getting me one of their firehose shirt jackets for Christmas.

I was in the dark about Levi's. I've owned many through the years, but no more. Thanks for the heads up.

Wranglers here. I can sill get their cowboy cut ones on for now, but if I don't lose this fat gut, I'm going to have to try their relaxed fit option. Ain't cheap but they last.
I have never liked Levis.
And just an observation but the best lookin women I ever looked over always seemed to had a W on their back pocket.

The way I burn holes in them welding and tear holes in them fencing etc. I just get the cheapo rustlers from walmart. For heavy jackets and insulateds I wear Key, you can still find some of them that are made in the US, just not made in Buffalo Missouri anymore

Latest posts