Letter to Cindy Sheehan

Help Support CattleToday:

txshowmom

Reaction score
Open Letter to Cindy Sheehan

OK, you have gotten your "mad" out there. You've been noticed. You've attracted pity. You've had your say. Now, please, go home and stop embarrassing yourself and shaming your own son's memory.

Don't think, for a single moment, that you have the market cornered on grief and loss. There are countless mothers who have lost loved ones. My son fought in the war, but I never had the President of the United States greet me, but if he had, he wouldn't have remembered my son's name either.

I am a counselor, and I meet with people all the time, who come to me with emotional wounds. It is a natural thing to feel personally wronged when a loved one, particularly a child, is taken, from them... regardless of the cause. They have lost something precious, and they are angry. They want someone, anyone, to "pay." And you have decided that the one "to pay" you for the loss of your son, Casey, is going to be George Bush. And you are "not leaving Crawford until he's held accountable."

Congratulations! You have now, single-handedly, shamed your own son's memory. Your son VOLUNTARILY, enlisted in the military armed forces, so that people such as yourself could retain the right to speak their minds, make public fools of themselves, verbally attack the office of the President of the United States, and (essentially) try to hold him hostage. You are just a different type of terrorist yourself, and doing the very thing your son died for: resisting.

War, in case you have never cracked open a history book, is ugly. People die. Had there not been ranks and files of anguished mothers who also lost their sons during the Revolutionary War, you would not be living here in America, enjoying the rights and freedoms you obviously take for granted, and feel you deserve. Freedom is paid for with blood. Had your son died in the Twin Towers on 9-1-1, you would be chaining yourself to a fence in Crawford, Texas, demanding that George Bush go bomb the hell out of some terrorists.

Your anger is really towards your son, because he joined the cause of freedom, of his own free will, and you disagreed with his choice to do so. You had personal goals and dreams for him, and now they cannot happen. His life was cut short, and YOU are feeling ripped off and wronged.

George Bush is not intimidated by you. He is not frightened by you. And quite frankly, he doesn't have the time for you. There are some 300,000,000 people in this country, and he knows precious few of them by name. Get over it. You do NOT speak for the majority of us. You speak for yourself and have, already, embarrassed way too many of us. Pack up your soapbox, and your Jane Fonda want-to-be cause, and go home. Go sit at your son's graveside and apologize to him for shaming him, the cause HE stood for, and his memory you have belittled.

Dr. Barbara Collier

I live about 30 minutes from Crawford and you don't know how hard it has been to keep from going out there and setting that woman straight. I have not gone because I know that I couldn't hold my temper and it probably wouldn't make much sense to her since she is obviously delusional. I just wish that I could afford to go stand beside a ditch in the Texas heat for how ever long she's been there but unfortunatly I have to work. Ms. Sheehan is a sorry excuse for a mother.

You know, everytime I hear her name I just have to shake my head & think about her poor son who is probably looking down shaking his head too. I wonder if she was one of those mothers that would've cussed the judge after the show when her son didn't win.... She's a selfish fanatic in my opinion. I really can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child, but I'm almost positive I wouldn't handle like she has.

war is hell!
none of that have served or those yet to serve go into battle expecting to be brought home in a box, but we all knew that it was possible, our parents though frighted like we were scared were proud of us, those unfiortunate souls that were not as lucky as some of us knew the dangers and served honorably, as i am sure HER son did! she should be proud of him, not desicrating his precious memory!!!!!!!!
she makes me ashamed,
sorry just need to get off the soap box!!

She makes my blood start to boil too. Some of you have probably not heard the entire story about her yet though (if you watch the mainstream media, you havent). Did you know she met with President Bush a year ago right after her son died. If you have heard that, your probably havent heard her comments after that. She said that she honestly believed that President Bush firmly believes that he has done the right thing by going to war with Iraq and that her son died for a good cause. Now everything she said before has changed. Supposedly she started hanging around the forums at Michael Moores website and started changing all of her views.

txshowmom":1yf5rw9x said:

OK, you have gotten your "mad" out there. You've been noticed. You've attracted pity. You've had your say. Now, please, go home and stop embarrassing yourself and shaming your own son's memory.

Don't think, for a single moment, that you have the market cornered on grief and loss. There are countless mothers who have lost loved ones. My son fought in the war, but I never had the President of the United States greet me, but if he had, he wouldn't have remembered my son's name either.

I am a counselor, and I meet with people all the time, who come to me with emotional wounds. It is a natural thing to feel personally wronged when a loved one, particularly a child, is taken, from them... regardless of the cause. They have lost something precious, and they are angry. They want someone, anyone, to "pay." And you have decided that the one "to pay" you for the loss of your son, Casey, is going to be George Bush. And you are "not leaving Crawford until he's held accountable."

Congratulations! You have now, single-handedly, shamed your own son's memory. Your son VOLUNTARILY, enlisted in the military armed forces, so that people such as yourself could retain the right to speak their minds, make public fools of themselves, verbally attack the office of the President of the United States, and (essentially) try to hold him hostage. You are just a different type of terrorist yourself, and doing the very thing your son died for: resisting.

War, in case you have never cracked open a history book, is ugly. People die. Had there not been ranks and files of anguished mothers who also lost their sons during the Revolutionary War, you would not be living here in America, enjoying the rights and freedoms you obviously take for granted, and feel you deserve. Freedom is paid for with blood. Had your son died in the Twin Towers on 9-1-1, you would be chaining yourself to a fence in Crawford, Texas, demanding that George Bush go bomb the hell out of some terrorists.

Your anger is really towards your son, because he joined the cause of freedom, of his own free will, and you disagreed with his choice to do so. You had personal goals and dreams for him, and now they cannot happen. His life was cut short, and YOU are feeling ripped off and wronged.

George Bush is not intimidated by you. He is not frightened by you. And quite frankly, he doesn't have the time for you. There are some 300,000,000 people in this country, and he knows precious few of them by name. Get over it. You do NOT speak for the majority of us. You speak for yourself and have, already, embarrassed way too many of us. Pack up your soapbox, and your Jane Fonda want-to-be cause, and go home. Go sit at your son's graveside and apologize to him for shaming him, the cause HE stood for, and his memory you have belittled.

Dr. Barbara Collier
Very well spoken :clap:

You know I'm not on the front line but I am in the military and I am very proud of it, as is the case with at least 90% of our Soldiers, Sailors and Marines. I won't lie, I did not come into the Navy or Submarine Force to give my life up, but if that were the case I would be embarrased to have a mother like Cindy Sheehan.

I wondered when you red blooded Texans were going to rebel aginst this affront to the heroes putting their life on the line for our benefit.

I wondered when you red blooded Texans were going to rebel aginst this affront to the heroes putting their life on the line for our benefit.

txshowmom":2ihanfj0 said:

Dr. Barbara Collier

An Open Letter to all My Friends On Cattle Today

After criticizing Dr Barbara Collier about some of the things that she says and does that I didn't agree with, I am going to give her a big hand for what all that she has to say in this letter. I think what she had to say was very appropriate for Cindy Sheehan.

There are men and women who frequent these boards that are members of an elite group. We are the folks that are familiar with the effects of war and the loss of a loved one to a hostile enemy whether in a foreign land or as a result of domestic terriorism. We are the men and women who have served our country. We are the ones who have held a dying comrad. We are the ones who as Abraham Lincoln made reference , have laid the highest sacrifice upon the altar of freedom. We are the Americans who have the right to criticize our national policy and our Commander-in-Chief, not by the virtue of citizenship but by paying the price of freedom with blood, tears, body parts and our children.
If you are not a member of this elite group then do not criticize
some one who is. God forbid that you become a member of the Gold Star Wives and Mothers...but unless you are, leave this woman alone.
This is the last time that I will express a political opinion on these boards and I hope that others are of the same opinion.
I love to talk cattle and have learned alot from the folks that share their knowledge and experiences but believe that this is the place for sharing NOT a political forum.
David McCullough
USMC Retired

Mr. McCullough, Very well said and I applaud you. However I have walked in the shoes (boots) that you have spoke of and I heartily disagree with you. And as much as you have a right to say what you did, I have mine. The Sheehan women is WRONG. She is a disgrace to her sons memory.Thanks for listening.

Cindy Sheehan has every right to do what she is doing, that is what is great about America. She is just doing it for all the wrong reasons. She is using the tragic death of her son to promote her own political beliefs. Her son died for what he believed in, he volunteered to serve his country and died doing it. He is a hero and no sane person would ever wish his fate on any person or their family. She has disgraced her sons honor. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Susie David":1d9f4vws said:
There are men and women who frequent these boards that are members of an elite group. We are the folks that are familiar with the effects of war and the loss of a loved one to a hostile enemy whether in a foreign land or as a result of domestic terriorism. We are the men and women who have served our country. We are the ones who have held a dying comrad. We are the ones who as Abraham Lincoln made reference , have laid the highest sacrifice upon the altar of freedom. We are the Americans who have the right to criticize our national policy and our Commander-in-Chief, not by the virtue of citizenship but by paying the price of freedom with blood, tears, body parts and our children.
some one who is. God forbid that you become a member of the Gold Star Wives and Mothers...but unless you are, leave this woman alone.
This is the last time that I will express a political opinion on these boards and I hope that others are of the same opinion.
I love to talk cattle and have learned alot from the folks that share their knowledge and experiences but believe that this is the place for sharing NOT a political forum.
David McCullough
USMC Retired
So if we have not served in the military nor had a child die in the military we do not have a right to voice our Opinion? I guess the military is just fighting of the rights of the elite group.

Thank you for your part, but it doesn't grant you more rights then anyone else.

Susie David":ywplvovv said:
David McCullough
USMC Retired

thats a load of crap

Susie David":147vlskt said:
David McCullough
USMC Retired
Just my opinion, but when this lady and her supporters, (who have every right to do what they are doing) say the things they are saying it even disgraces the work of people like you.

I was going to let this pass and probably still should, but what no one is talking about is this is not about Cindy Sheehan anymore. Hasn't been for quite a while now. The way I see it is now it's about Cindy Sheehan allowing herself to be used as a pawn by people like Michael Moore, Al Franken, and groups like Moveon.org. Those people have their own agenda and don't give a rats patoot about Cindy Sheehans son- or anybody elses son for that matter.

One of the best things I've seen written on this subject- http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial ... =110007122
I apologize if this is too political. This is the last comment I will make about it.

I would ask, Cindy have you ever been shot at just because you are an american? have you had to shoot your way out of a situation just because you helped a little old man move a water buffalo out of the road so your jeeps could get by?? Just because Uncle Sam asked you to help keep the world from the commies?? If not then shut you pie hole or crawl in one. :mad: :cboy:

A free American and PROUD of it and would fight again.

Even here in Australia we have heard of Cindy Sheehan. She has a right to protest as she sees fit whether its right or wrong. We here in Australia and you in the US are very fortunate that we can protest without being put in prison. Our Prime minister is a good mate of George W and will follow along with whatever he does. I personally thinks its time all countrys got out of Iraq and let them fight amongst themselves. Their are more worthwhile causes to be attended to in our world. Zimbabwe is a country that needs help to get rid of Robert Mugabe.It still baffles me as to why the US with its wonderful technology couldn't have flushed out Saddam a lot sooner and the same goes for Osama.
Strange old world we live in.
Colin

She has been quoted to have said the terrorists her son was fighting were, "freedom fighters." My question to her would be, What does that make your son? She ought to be ashamed. I'm sure her son would be. I think most other people have more respect for him than she does. I guess this was the plan to set up a book or movie deal.

Latest posts