Lets see your oldest piece of equipment that is still in use

Help Support CattleToday:

I wouldn't mind having that. Oh the trails I could blaze in the bush!!! But.....how much down time and repair do you have with it?
I have had very little down time over the years. I have replaced some worn out stuff as required. I have done a heap of work with that machine, I don't think it owes me a dime.

You have my dream machine. I love this machine, well cared for....it's a "complete business" in itself pushing out ponds-stock tanks-water ways-roads. New tracks, new rollers, new pins. Just needs a light rust scrape, power wash and fresh paint on a 85 degree F day w/ less than 30% humidity. I'd just mask off those original Cat D6 decals leave as-is.

I

Is that stock exhaust on your 8n Murray? I've never seen an 8n with a vertical muffler.
Sharp eye!
Nope. They sell em at a couple different places. Pretty cheap too. Like 50 bucks. Or was pre-pandemic anyway. For hay work, I liked the idea of having the exhaust out from UNDER the tractor.
There a tiny bit of fab involved to make it sturdy.
Screenshot_20221218-201430_Gallery.jpg

Sharp eye!
Nope. They sell em at a couple different places. Pretty cheap too. Like 50 bucks. Or was pre-pandemic anyway. For hay work, I liked the idea of having the exhaust out from UNDER the tractor.
There a tiny bit of fab involved to make it sturdy.
View attachment 23928
A woman the other side of our town had an accident with a red Fergie 35 last week, she was slashing (bushhog) a paddock and hit a rock and got thrown out of the saddle and went under the tractor and the slasher. She lost both legs and an arm. Identical seat setup to your Ford 8N Murray.

Ken

1964 Alis Chalmers series 4 D-17
Toby,

Where are you located? That sure looks like my grandpas old tactor. Only difference there might be is he never had any sheet metal on his tractors. Said it would just need to come off in a week anyway to fix something else

Hate to be that guy, but is it just the picture or was that calf pretty sick when the pic was taken?
Do you mean the cow? Looks like a one-and-done cow. I'd sell her after the calf is weaned.