Let's see your brand....

Help Support CattleToday:

Not much call for a brand here. Mine is registered, I've noticed several horse people invent one, and then don't register it. Never understood that logic. It's the greater than or equal to symbol.

Attachments

• B1DDA40C-B187-4721-A38D-3300805C162C.jpeg
    B1DDA40C-B187-4721-A38D-3300805C162C.jpeg
    784.3 KB · Views: 8
Not much call for a brand here. Mine is registered, I've noticed several horse people invent one, and then don't register it. Never understood that logic. It's the greater than or equal to symbol.
If they invent a brand and don't register it. Guess what happens if that brand is already registered by someone else? Or if someone else decided to register that brand. I don't know how it would work where you live but here the person who owns the brand would own the horse.
If I used my Washington brand here in Oregon I couldn't sell where ever critter I put that iron on. There is some guy over in the Willamette Valley who has that brand registered. I would have to get a brand release from him. There are some people who don't like to sign over brand releases.

If they invent a brand and don't register it. Guess what happens if that brand is already registered by someone else? Or if someone else decided to register that brand. I don't know how it would work where you live but here the person who owns the brand would own the horse.
If I used my Washington brand here in Oregon I couldn't sell where ever critter I put that iron on. There is some guy over in the Willamette Valley who has that brand registered. I would have to get a brand release from him. There are some people who don't like to sign over brand releases.
There is a made up rafter H and a made up rocking W down the road from me. Both brands already registered in Ky. Most I see are crazy styalized obsurdities that would blur if you actually used one.

Rafter L Left hip,and mostly now because every body around me runs black cattle..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    906.1 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts