Let's pay them not to shoot

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
Workinonit Farm":3f1sdwsb said:
Just throw money at the problem, that will fix it. :roll:
I'd throw lead at the problem,heck of a lot cheaper...then send the money to Texas..where they need it....two problems worked on in one swoop....

farmguy

Reaction score
Reminds me of a neighbor who paid his kids to do their chores, attend school, be quiet in church, say thank you etc. etc. Ours knew what discipline was, a bare hinder being the ultimate. Ours (9) are all productive members of society and we see them often, some live within 2 miles of us. The neighbors are one in jail, one they haven't seen in years after they couldn't keep forking over money and the third keeps moving home with her children. I am not saying that we did everything right, maybe we were lucky and I know each child has their own personality. But responsibility must be taught, not brought. Now lambast me for spanking. farmguy

OP
slick4591

slick4591

Reaction score
I'm reading where is was a unanimous vote to pay them. Wonder how long it will be before other gangs makes those demands in other cities?

Rafter S

Reaction score
To be fair, they aren't paying the gangs not to shoot. They're paying individuals to stay in school and stay out of trouble. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but I've heard worse.

OP
slick4591

slick4591

Reaction score
I've not read that so far. But, now they're paying them to be a good average citizen and doing things a good average citizen should already be doing now becomes a job with a paycheck?

Rafter S

Reaction score
slick4591":21w1tn43 said:
I've not read that so far. But, now they're paying them to be a good average citizen and doing things a good average citizen should already be doing now becomes a job with a paycheck?

Again, I'm not saying it's a good idea.

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Ryder":1mlfov5j said:
The US government has been doing that for years. Paying other governments to be our friend.
Look how well it has worked with North Korea.
They are our friend, right?

This country has been buying its allies since WWI. It is the cornerstone of our foreign policy through every administration. It works to some extent until they go rogue.

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
I can see it now,,, yo bee,,looks like you done well for yourself, how did you come into all this money gee? It was easy yo,they paid me to act like somebody...

Nesikep

Reaction score
Bright Raven":3exq1ikq said:
Ryder":3exq1ikq said:
The US government has been doing that for years. Paying other governments to be our friend.
Look how well it has worked with North Korea.
They are our friend, right?

This country has been buying its allies since WWI. It is the cornerstone of our foreign policy through every administration. It works to some extent until they go rogue.
I think "buying" is only applicable to some (Israel, Saudi Arabia), but not accurate for many others

wacocowboy

Reaction score
What a joke. I would be highly pizzed off if I was a tax payer in that city. Why don't they take that money hire more cops and put these thugs behind bars where they belong. Need to go back to the days when jail was hard labor not sitting in the day room watching cable.

Latest posts