Let's buy a tractor.

Help Support CattleToday:

greggy said:
MurraysMutts said:
I feel so special.
Dollar a day and all the water I can drink?

Sorry I'm not much help on the tractor buying..
We run old old stuff. Mechanics specials if u will.
I do get to occassionally run a newer4wd kubota.
Idk what model. But it's big enough to run a baler.
Not many problems other than it likes fuel.
Pretty good tractor I think. Left hand reverser. Push button shifter. 8 speed high and low. Nice loader. Plenty of power.

Can still get stuck tho....
Wasnt me!

Are the tyres worn ?

It should of gone out backward in 4wd with diff locked before it dug itself a hole you would think...if tyres good and fronts on right way...

Someone drove it into a ditch while looking at they phone. The pic is a bit of an optical illusion. I'm standing on the road. Tread is knee deep. Ruts up to my waist. No pictures of the front. It was buried. Took a versatile to get it out. Lolz
Good times. Good times!

Can see it is down....can see you taking the photo....

But it looks like they tried to still go forward with no 4wd...

Or maybe it is 2wd....anyways...they did a good job burying it :)

MurraysMutts said:
greggy said:
MurraysMutts said:
I feel so special.
Dollar a day and all the water I can drink?

Sorry I'm not much help on the tractor buying..
We run old old stuff. Mechanics specials if u will.
I do get to occassionally run a newer4wd kubota.
Idk what model. But it's big enough to run a baler.
Not many problems other than it likes fuel.
Pretty good tractor I think. Left hand reverser. Push button shifter. 8 speed high and low. Nice loader. Plenty of power.

Can still get stuck tho....
Wasnt me!

Are the tyres worn ?

It should of gone out backward in 4wd with diff locked before it dug itself a hole you would think...if tyres good and fronts on right way...

Someone drove it into a ditch while looking at they phone. The pic is a bit of an optical illusion. I'm standing on the road. Tread is knee deep. Ruts up to my waist. No pictures of the front. It was buried. Took a versatile to get it out. Lolz
Good times. Good times!

Ain't you the same guy who produced peewee,
Baled a calf, and who's bull committed suicide by jumping off a cliff??? Just checking... :D

Have you looked at the M6 series Kubota's? Not much more for allot more tractor. Used M6 series with 4-500 hours can be found for $60-65,000. Of the two you listed it would be a hard choice. I'd stay away from the lower series New Holland and Case tractors. I know several people that have had big problems out of them.

callmefence said:
MurraysMutts said:
greggy said:
Are the tyres worn ?

Good times. Good times!

Ain't you the same guy who produced peewee,
Baled a calf, and who's bull committed suicide by jumping off a cliff??? Just checking... :D

Guilty as charged sir!
Well, I bought peewee's mama bred so not technically......
Speaking of, just got a pic of peewee's mamas second calf out of my bull. Lively lil bull calf. Since u brought it up!
Think I'll name him 'bota...

New tractors cost... Here there are a lot of two year old E series lease returns from the state and from seasonal businesses. No JD Ms.

I got a like new 5085e w/ brand new loader for 47. Handles well in tight areas but bucks going down the road. I looked at the 6 series and thought they were too much money. May change my mind on that...

I then bought a Moline Super 670 for $2,200. Awesome tractor with unreal torque. :nod: Buy MM!

For the money you will pay on the Kubota I would look real hard at an M series Deere. Should be comparable price for a lot more tractor. Don't know why anyone would make a 100 hp tractor with only one remote from the factory. I have a 30 hp Landtrac and even it came stock with dual remotes. All the new ones are nice enough and each has a feature you wish the other had. NH and Case really leave a lot to be desired IMO. Duetz and Massey are both really nice tractors and well built but dealer support tends to be sketchy at least here.

For all the talk about green paint being overpriced they have proved to me time and again they are a better value in the end. I am a convert by experience. Definitely didn't grow up green.

I have had a JD 5100E for two years now and have no complaints. Mine is a 4x4 cab with the 6 inch rear wheel spacers on it. It is one of the better tractors I have been on steep ground with.

Have to say with all the sneaky tech on large JD units, I would not buy anything from them, not even used, they have a good stearlership here it would seem, I could be wrong, but have no desire to find out.

Surely someone makes an M16 model tractor ? or an AR15 for the hobbyist ? Are they not onto that yet ???

hillbilly beef man said:
I have had a JD 5100E for two years now and have no complaints. Mine is a 4x4 cab with the 6 inch rear wheel spacers on it. It is one of the better tractors I have been on steep ground with.

I have a 5085m spread out with same spacers. It took some getting used to it like that. Mine is to fit down 40 inch rows

In the spring of 2007 I had been retired a couple of years and figured I was worth a new tractor with all the amenities so I went looking. I didn't have a Kubota dealer handy but did a JD along with others. I had used well worn JD tractors for years and liked them for what they were.

A trip to the JD dealer left me with the same impression as I see on here.......they were handy and had all this fine dealership and service and all that but looking out in their "to be fixed" lot and shop full of equipment in the repair phase, I decided that if I needed their services I'd have a long wait time in the shop. So I passed. In all honesty, I did not ask if a loaner would be supplied if necessary, nor how that would be arranged and cost. I passed primarily because I didn't find what I was looking for.

No doubt, having a tractor to do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done is priceless!

I would suggest going up a notch in frame size. In the past week I have been on a JD 5100m and Kubota M5-111 and neither compares in weight or ride to my JD 6105E. Granted I handle a lot of green bales wrapping them for customers and I need the extra weight. Mine also has radial tires that make a difference in ride. Cutting hay for 6 hr in the 5100m and I was pretty much beat because of ride quality. The Kubota did not like the heavy green bales and I only moved a few with it but the weight is just not there.

ERNIBIGB said:
I would suggest going up a notch in frame size. In the past week I have been on a JD 5100m and Kubota M5-111 and neither compares in weight or ride to my JD 6105E.

What does it cost to move up for a 6105E ?

The 6105M we looked in to; brand spanking new with a H340 self leveling loader was going to be $110,000. They were going to give us $85,000 trade in value for our 6330 with a self leveling 673.
We still have the 6330.

Stocker Steve said:
SBMF 2015 said:
The 6105M we looked in to; brand spanking new with a H340 self leveling loader was going to be $110,000.
Ouch. I will check with the wife. Maybe she will get a job in town. :hide:

:lol2: good luck.
Back twenty years ago We only had one ldr tractor. We put around 100hrs a month on it and it ran seven days a week. You could almost justify a new one every 5000 hrs because we couldn't afford to have it broke down.

Stocker Steve said:
Stocker Steve said:
SBMF 2015 said:
The 6105M we looked in to; brand spanking new with a H340 self leveling loader was going to be $110,000.
Ouch. I will check with the wife. Maybe she will get a job in town. :hide:

I asked, and there were no words, but eyes said it all...

Tell her it's her Christmas present. That always seems to go over well. Hahaha

Latest posts