Let the fight begin!

Help Support CattleToday:

Back to the chili… pork sausage instead of burger. Sorry cattle today, there's nearly nothing burger can do that sausage won't do better.
I'm assuming that it isn't a can of beanie weenies, but I'm more than a little convinced that some have done that and probably thought it was great and that it really was chili.

After reading all these posts, I no longer wonder how someone can 'identify' as a different gender. After all, in today's social environment, it's perfectly ok and acceptable to re-assign any name to anything even if it is not.

bonjour.jpg

I'm assuming that it isn't a can of beanie weenies, but I'm more than a little convinced that some have done that and probably thought it was great and that it really was chili.

After reading all these posts, I no longer wonder how someone can 'identify' as a different gender. After all, in today's social environment, it's perfectly ok and acceptable to re-assign any name to anything even if it is not.

View attachment 26088
So what foods are you guilty of calling it something it's not?

Read down and you can glean what I (we) called it and for good reason, but no one ever tried to tell anyone that it was good..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meal,_Combat,_Individual_ration#Meat_unit

View attachment 26093
My point was simply that I think we all eat something we know by a certain name but people who are closer to the place of origin of the food would be mortified by our version. My earlier example was pizza. Italians don't even know what pepperoni is, and their pizzas bear little resemblance to what most of us call pizza. But we eat it and call it pizza all the while grousing about someone's version of our local dish.

Growing up my family served a German dish called Knip, not sure of the spelling. It was usually made out of venison; ground very fine with lots of spices. It was served with cornbread. To be honest it looked more like what comes out of the south end of northbound cow, and didn't taste much better either.

Thank you for your service. Both times. When you were in the Navy did you ever cross the equator on boars ship?
no. Was headed that way (toward Australia) when I was instead sent to a fire fighting/damage control school in Japan. The ship was already back North of the equator (in Subic) when I rejoined it. Got close enough to equator to see the Southern Cross tho.

no. Was headed that way (toward Australia) when I was instead sent to a fire fighting/damage control school in Japan. The ship was already back North of the equator (in Subic) when I rejoined it. Got close enough to equator to see the Southern Cross tho.
I was wondering if you had been through Neptune's Court. LOL

My point was simply that I think we all eat something we know by a certain name but people who are closer to the place of origin of the food would be mortified by our version. My earlier example was pizza. Italians don't even know what pepperoni is, and their pizzas bear little resemblance to what most of us call pizza. But we eat it and call it pizza all the while grousing about someone's version of our local dish.
Burrito no mescun eats burritos . No real texican eats burritos. Also a taco with a flour tortilla is a abomination. Flour tortillas should only be used for enchiladas period. Fajitas are fajitas but they are not Mexican food.
Then there's armadillo eggs. They are real, but not really armadillo eggs. Armadillos don't even lay eggs. It's all screwed up but not to the level of screwed up putting beans in chili is.

Burrito no mescun eats burritos . No real texican eats burritos. Also a taco with a flour tortilla is a abomination. Flour tortillas should only be used for enchiladas period. Fajitas are fajitas but they are not Mexican food.
Then there's armadillo eggs. They are real, but not really armadillo eggs. Armadillos don't even lay eggs. It's all screwed up but not to the level of screwed up putting beans in chili is.

Maybe we have different definitions of burrito.

Maybe we have different definitions of burrito.
Turd makers. And don't take long. Flour tortillas always get made with some kind of fat added. Corn tortillas don't.
They make some tortillas made with a mix of 3/4 masa harina flour and 1/4 wheat flour. I'll eat flour/corn mix tortilla for street tacos but not straight flour.
Like the difference between the phony pigs in a blanket klobasnek abominations and real kolaches.

We had a new cafe open up in town a few years back. Closed now. The guy claimed to be a chef from Austin.
I asked about the chicken fried steak. He sticks his nose in the air and says I don't make chicken fried steak, I make country fried steak...I says just bring me a salad.