let me introduce myself

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave:

Don't know if you remember them, but my last year in the riggin was with Portway Log. We logged up the 26 Road out of Randle. Don't think they are around any more. Can't remember, but think their shop was around Chehalis. That in your neck of the woods?

Packed to many cutters out to mess with that end of it much. Still play around with side jobs for the fun....

CW

ambiguous avatars are the best.

vice grips? maybe...

hoe down? hilarious.

Dang it, Dave and Rainman! I should have my mind on work, but reading your posts makes me want to go back home and watch an old Paul Newman movie called "Sometimes a Great Notion". Have either of you guys seen that movie? If so, does it give a fairly realistic picture of the business?

Tapeworm: My bad....didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Arnold Ziffle":1ec2jqfy said:
Dang it, Dave and Rainman! I should have my mind on work, but reading your posts makes me want to go back home and watch an old Paul Newman movie called "Sometimes a Great Notion". Have either of you guys seen that movie? If so, does it give a fairly realistic picture of the business?

Arnold:

Would like to say I've seen the movie, but wont. My guess is, it portrays logging like most westerns portray cattle ranching. Perception is not reality. I think Paul Newman had a noble cause in the movie if I remember right. Ain't nothing noble about logging.

I better open my cattle book and get back to reading before someone gets :mad:

CW

LOL Rainman...not a problem at all...Ive learned something new here. Keep it up

Arnold,

I never saw the movie either. I don't know why.... maybe it wasn't a hit in logging country or maybe I was working in Alaska the year it was out. I did hear there were some technical things they got wrong but that would be normal for Hollywood.

Rainman, I remember Portway. I worked up the 26 road out of Randle for about a year. Up by Ryan Lake, working in the blast zone. I think that was in '83. Most of the Lewis County work I did was either for North Fork Timber or contractors cutting for them, I didn't work the East end much. I generally worked out towards the Harbor.
You are right they will send us to Logging Today if we keep this up.
Dave

C'mmon boys....you went and got the folks confused...lot of trees in the other parts of the country but they use a pick up for a skidder and a pulley for a yarder....setting choke is what you do when your kid screws up.
How many have pulled green chain in the mill....
Back to the cows....had to get my three cents worth in...used to work out of Longview...DMc

Latest posts