Lesson learned

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
When trying to pump out a slurry pond, don't poor water into the pump to prime it while it's running. When you try to put the plug in the priming hole, it shoots nastiness about 20 feet in the air. If you're bent over trying to put in the plug, you get a shower. A very nasty/foul/stinking shower at that!

dun

jkwilson":xxlo06jn said:
I presume this is a lesson learned the hard way?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'll put it this way, I won;t have to do it a second time to get the experience. It's amazing how much pressure a 3 inch centrifical pump can generate when it's trying to push it out through a 1/2 inch hole.

dun

dun":3o8o4fgi said:
jkwilson":3o8o4fgi said:
I presume this is a lesson learned the hard way?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'll put it this way, I won;t have to do it a second time to get the experience. It's amazing how much pressure a 3 inch centrifical pump can generate when it's trying to push it out through a 1/2 inch hole.

dun

Dun,

Well, did you get the pump primed? And, did you have your pantsleggs inside or outside of your boots?

Bret

Oh yeah, it's primed. Pants legs weren;t any concern, it was the hat getting blown away and the soaking shirt. May have to just burn the clothes when they finally dry.

dun

dun":3js26i7g said:
If you're bent over trying to put in the plug, you get a shower. A very nasty/foul/stinking shower at that!

Bet it was quite a sight!!! Might have made trip If I'd have know you were putting on a show!! hehe

Lessons learned the hard way are lessons never forgotten.

Muratic":u4smfxim said:
dun":u4smfxim said:
If you're bent over trying to put in the plug, you get a shower. A very nasty/foul/stinking shower at that!

Bet it was quite a sight!!! Might have made trip If I'd have know you were putting on a show!! hehe

hey dun, if you would do it again, we could tape it and send it in to americas funniest videos...

whata you think?

jt

jt":30iakr65 said:
Muratic":30iakr65 said:
dun":30iakr65 said:

hey dun, if you would do it again, we could tape it and send it in to americas funniest videos...

whata you think?

jt

Think I'll pass, but thanks for the idea

dun

Man, Dunn, I thought you had more sense than that? Next time you do a Duzy, please take a picture and post it here.

Billy

MrBilly":3mtw98fw said:
Man, Dunn, I thought you had more sense than that? Next time you do a Duzy, please take a picture and post it here.

Billy

Seems like the senior moments are starting to out number the normal times

dun

dun":2klmeefb said:
MrBilly":2klmeefb said:

Billy

Seems like the senior moments are starting to out number the normal times

dun

at what age can i start blaming what i do on senior moments?

seems like i am pulling some good ones here lately..

jt

jt":2ldsr4w5 said:
at what age can i start blaming what i do on senior moments?

seems like i am pulling some good ones here lately..

jt

You can start any age you want. I started blaming it on senior moments when I was in my 50's, but that was just practicing for the real deal

dun

thats why im thankful for handprimes on sump pumps.less likely to get power blasted by foul water.dun i dont know how you stood that smell till you showered. scott

He could of just taken all his clothes off right there on the spot, but then that might have caused a stampede into the next county, or state? :lol:

Billy

MrBilly":2s78c2g2 said:
He could of just taken all his clothes off right there on the spot, but then that might have caused a stampede into the next county, or state? :lol:

Billy

The qusndry was, shuck down out there and drive back to the house naked and get some stink in the truck, leave the clothes on and drive back and get lots of stink in the truck, or walk a quarter mile uphill, sweating all the way. I opted for a combination of the first 2. Left on my pants and drove back. Clothes are still hanging on the back fence and the dog tucks her tail when she walks past them. The good part is that it was cow and not people or pig.
Wife says the truck still stinks.

dun

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH....and folks around here said i got all the bad luck..................tsssk tsssk.

May I suggest...if you still want those clothes...take em to town and wash em in a public laundry the first time... that ought to bring out the hazardous waste clean-up folks. :lol: :cboy:

Latest posts