Lesson learned and a Question

Help Support CattleToday:

ChrisB

Reaction score
A while back someone asked a question about how long to leave chemicals in a sprayer. Well, I found out 12 days is too long. I was spraying Halex GT on corn and when I finished the first fields I had 50 gallons in the sprayer. I was planning on finishing up the rest in a few days but between putting hay up, rain, and family obligations I didn't get back to it until last night. I Knew I would have some issues so I ran the agitator quite a while, and cleaned out all the screens and lines and had things working before I went into the field. Well, I spent about 3-1/2 hours and did a terrible job of spraying about 14 acres. I was fighting plugged screens so much that I ended up only using about 2/3 of what I wanted put on.

So I finally quit with 1/2 a tank left. I will use the rest of the halex in the tank on fence lines and then totally clean out the sprayer and put in new screens and filters. I will then finish the rest of the corn. I would really like to respray the 14 acres I sprayed last night since I know I did such a bad job. How soon can I respray with roundup? The corn is about 8" tall right now and will really start taking off so I don't have weeks to wait. And this is corn for silage if that matters.

If you have had a good shower you can come back in a week with 27 oz of roundup and be just fine. I like to use halex also but you have to rinse out every night or it hangs up in places you didn't know exist.

Latest posts