Lemonade

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
It is now legal (or will be in Sept) for children in Texas to have a lemonade stand withOUT a permit.
Let Freedom Ring!
"Gov. Greg Abbott posted a video Monday on Twitter of him signing a law that would allow children to run lemonade stands without a permit. The governor, who pulled up a glass for the occasion, called it a "common sense law."

"We had to pass it because police shut down a lemonade stand here in Texas," Abbott said. "So kids … cheers!""

Sec.A250.009.AACERTAIN SALES OF BEVERAGES BY CHILDREN.
Notwithstanding any other law, a municipality, county, or other
local public health authority may not adopt or enforce an
ordinance, order, or rule that prohibits or regulates, including by
requiring a license, permit, or fee, the occasional sale of
lemonade or other nonalcoholic beverages from a stand on private
property by an individual younger than 18 years of age.

Why..did the legislature have to even go to the trouble to make this time honored liberty legal?
What moron thought it a good idea to prohibit lemonade stands to begin with and what kind of moron thought it a good idea to enforce such lunacy?

greybeard said:
It is now legal (or will be in Sept) for children in Texas to have a lemonade stand withOUT a permit.
Let Freedom Ring!
"Gov. Greg Abbott posted a video Monday on Twitter of him signing a law that would allow children to run lemonade stands without a permit. The governor, who pulled up a glass for the occasion, called it a "common sense law."

"We had to pass it because police shut down a lemonade stand here in Texas," Abbott said. "So kids … cheers!""

Why..did the legislature have to even go to the trouble to make this time honored liberty legal?
What moron thought it a good idea to prohibit lemonade stands to begin with and what kind of moron thought it a good idea to enforce such lunacy?
Because in some places idiots have a little power.

Perhaps child labour in instances or perhaps health issues. What of the safety of the young entrepreneur? Safety would be my first concern but then I'm over protective.
Just saying :)

M-5 said:
alisonb said:
Perhaps child labour in instances or perhaps health issues. What of the safety of the young entrepreneur? Safety would be my first concern but then I'm over protective.
Just saying :)
We just let the little ones carry a gun around here,.
:p

Perhaps it's just a South African thing ;-)

Red Bull Breeder said:
greybeard said:
Let Freedom Ring!

Because in some places idiots have a little power.
Not just some places, seems the idiots are the first ones too get elected..by other idiots..

backhoeboogie said:
greybeard said:
backhoeboogie said:
There is no soda bottle returns anymore.
Not here in Tx, but I'm pretty sure about a dozen states still have deposits on all "returntable containers".

We used to comb the ditches for bottles.
Me too. Free $$.
Some of the bigger ones paid 5¢.
Mostly found Schlitz and Pearl bottles, that didn't pay nothin..

Latest posts