Legal issue any suggestions?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bear Bait

Reaction score
I bought 10bred highland cows on December the 8th, 2008. The cows were vet checked several days before the day of purchase and my own pre-agganged deleivery. At the time of sale the agreement was 10bred highland cows, bred to a un-registered highland bull. 3 were papered and the rest full bred but un-registered. I was told by the breeder she had crossed them with angus last year and experienced serious problems because of calf size. While I was loading I again pointed to her bull and asked, is that the bull used to breed. She again replied, yes.

Today I received an e-mail stating that she had her first calf today. It was a mixed angus/highland and I should be prepared for that to happen. I replied I was a bit choked as she had previously related to me that she had terrible problems calving last year due to this mix as claves are too big for the mums to get them out safely. I also stated I hadn't agreed to this at the point of sale. I told her that I was under the impression they were all full blooded highland calves. I went on to tell her I would be more than pissed if I lost a calf or cow due to the mixed breeding. If I do lose something I just pissed money down the drain is basically how I am starting to feel at this point. I suspect the early calvers will be having mixed and 3 are very small heifers. What is the suggestion I should do about this or my options if I do lose a calf or cow to this? What are the other implications?

Basically 10bred fullblooded highland cows. I also had another person with me as well as the guy hauling whom both were present over during the conversation regarding bredding ect. I also have several emails from her and all of my sent ones.

Latest posts