Leg of Lamb

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":zzknb5e1 said:
I have no problem with venison ,especially if you have prepared it . :D

I do however have some concern still about trying, squirrel , beaver ,possum etc.. :lol: :p
I'm with you on that one HD, can you imagine...."tonight we are having beaver stew"...gawd :yuck:, I'd pass out!!

alisonb":vk4t1lkp said:
hillsdown":vk4t1lkp said:
I have no problem with venison ,especially if you have prepared it . :D

I do however have some concern still about trying, squirrel , beaver ,possum etc.. :lol: :p
I'm with you on that one HD, can you imagine...."tonight we are having beaver stew"...gawd :yuck:, I'd pass out!!

Alison, I would never do you like that and I assure you I would treat you as civilly as I do my wife and I would never tell you we were going to have beaver stew ..... I'd never even mention it ..... not until you'd had your second helping and were raving on how great the beef is this year. Then, and only then, would I come clean. You have my word on it. :mrgreen:

:lol:

A couple of year ago friends of mine invited me for dinner and what appeared to be a chicken casserole was actually rabbit. They purposely kept mum about that fact and watched with keen interest as I tried to cut the meat off a 'chicken' bone, because the bone structure is so different to chicken I had quite a time getting the meat off....eventually managed, took a bite and it was really good. I can remember looking up and saying "this is no bloody chicken is it" , much to their amusement :lol:

Rather rabbit than possum, beaver or squirrel though somehow...bet they probably all taste similar?

Its all how you prepare it. I've had good squirrel and I've had bad. As for beaver, I don't think you could mess this up and I'd put it against your best fattened steer any day of the week. Coon is good. Not gonna eat possum though. Not unless its been fed cornbread and milk for a week or so.

Jogeephus":21ugw2as said:
Its all how you prepare it. I've had good squirrel and I've had bad. As for beaver, I don't think you could mess this up and I'd put it against your best fattened steer any day of the week. Coon is good. Not gonna eat possum though. Not unless its been fed cornbread and milk for a week or so.

I'll just make sure I always ask for the wing . :cowboy:

hillsdown":38w908ef said:
Jogeephus":38w908ef said:

I'll just make sure I always ask for the wing . :cowboy:

Gee you must have a huge appetite. Ever seen an Emu wing? ;-) :lol2: BTW - go ahead and put Emu on your list of things not to eat. Stuff is terrible. How they ever thought these vile birds could compete with beef is beyond reason.

Jogeephus":1wr1bvqi said:

Jo, since you are so partial to beaver and so helpful on this forum, I think it would just be neighborly to return a kind gesture. I'll trade you as much beaver as you want for even 1/2 the weight in some of those sausages or smoked treats you have. I feel that it would just be the right thing to do. :D

Jogeephus":1ztsqjsq said:
Gee you must have a huge appetite. Ever seen an Emu wing? ;-) :lol2: BTW - go ahead and put Emu on your list of things not to eat. Stuff is terrible. How they ever thought these vile birds could compete with beef is beyond reason.

Thanks for the heads up ! I have had ostrich steak before and it was drier than cheap replica shoe leather . :yuck: :lol:

Commercialfarmer":2o1v30bc said:
Jogeephus":2o1v30bc said:

Jo, since you are so partial to beaver and so helpful on this forum, I think it would just be neighborly to return a kind gesture. I'll trade you as much beaver as you want for even 1/2 the weight in some of those sausages or smoked treats you have. I feel that it would just be the right thing to do. :D

That's mighty thoughtful of you. Would something like this do?

BTW - Its beaver. ;-)

Jogeephus":37gvq37a said:
That's mighty thoughtful of you. Would something like this do?

BTW - Its beaver. ;-)

For the longest time, I thought you were joking. But I looked up beaver recipes and there are several people that swear to how good it is.
I was a lot more daring as a kid than I am now, but I wouldn't have thought twice about cutting a piece of that sausage off unless you said something first. Do you not worry much about Giardia?

I think I'd be more at risk contracting giardia from swimming in the river than eating beaver meat. If you look at what the beaver eats its much cleaner than a pig and the meat is as good if not better than beef.

Latest posts