LED light bars

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
I have replaced the front lights on my cab tractor with LEDs and its night and day difference. I cut hay at night most of the time so I need to replace the rear work lights . Im curious if any of you have installed a full bar across the rear like the one you see on the cab on the teenagers trucks nowadays. Im debating trying one

M-5":b77x9qyg said:
I have replaced the front lights on my cab tractor with LEDs and its night and day difference. I cut hay at night most of the time so I need to replace the rear work lights . Im curious if any of you have installed a full bar across the rear like the one you see on the cab on the teenagers trucks nowadays. Im debating trying one

I am like you I do a lot of things at night and only have 2 square lights on back of each tractor that are led and its plenty bright for baling and anything directly behind the tractor but in my opinion it would be best if you could just use those single lights and aim where you want them to shine. I think the light bars concentration will be mostly behind you with some light off too the sides. I would prefer concentration where I need it. If I were going to do a light bar I would put one on the side the implements on and one in the back. Do you know what I mean ?

After a few measurements I elected not to try one on the rear because of having to mount it a too high so back glass will open . I Found a website that has some good prices on them and ordered 2 led 7" flood for top and ordered 2 4" spots that I will mount on the fenders , got all 4 for 60 bucks and the leds are CREE

M-5":lpyxht2f said:
After a few measurements I elected not to try one on the rear because of having to mount it a too high so back glass will open . I Found a website that has some good prices on them and ordered 2 led 7" flood for top and ordered 2 4" spots that I will mount on the fenders , got all 4 for 60 bucks and the leds are CREE

I think you will be much happier with that set up.

I agree. I was going to suggest an LED swivel light (I've seen them on a ton of work trucks up here), but I think what you have will work just as well. But M-5, you are already smarter than myself, so I really didn't need to help you ;)

I have a couple really bright headlights on the front of the Massey 165.. it's daylight in front of you.. I also have a small one on the back of the baler facing backward, and one pointed at the pickup.. I can see pretty well.. We have BILLIONS of little tiny annoying moths around here, so if there's light too close to you they're all over your face

M-5":23e4ymlc said:
What is the site?

I did put one LED on the back of one tractor and thought about adding 1 more to it and 1 to another.

BobbyLummus1":1il2fbcx said:
I've had good luck with the cheap ones off Ebay , light up the place like a football field !

Ive bought some off ebay and they have worked well , This .com seems about the same price point. A lot of stores on ebay now order from other stores so I would rather give the business to the store that's gonna ship it anyway

Latest posts