leaving for gainsville in the morning...

Help Support CattleToday:

JSCATTLE

Reaction score
I'm headed over to the Florida / Bama game tomorrow .. I can't wait should be a great game.. I can't believe game day passed this game by for Nebraska / Wisconsin .. ill be in baton rouge next weekend for Florida/ lsu maybe they will show up there....go gators ....

JS,

You will be in my neck of the woods. You should have a blast at a night game in the Swamp. The nightlife scenery after the game is unreal....As young man Saturday night wasn't over until monday morning in Gainesville. Let me know if you need any help finding groceries, nightlife, etc.

JSCATTLE":3teiqcu3 said:
I'm headed over to the Florida / Bama game tomorrow .. I can't wait should be a great game.. I can't believe game day passed this game by for Nebraska / Wisconsin .. ill be in baton rouge next weekend for Florida/ lsu maybe they will show up there....go gators ....

I'm guessing it's because it's gonna be Nebraska's first ever Big Ten game. Have fun.

VanC":1pajqu3r said:
JSCATTLE":1pajqu3r said:

I'm guessing it's because it's gonna be Nebraska's first ever Big Ten game. Have fun.

My guess woud be because Nebraska is on ABC which is ESPN affilaited, Fla/Bama is on CBS.

LRTX1":1h4dxnn4 said:
JS,

You will be in my neck of the woods. You should have a blast at a night game in the Swamp. The nightlife scenery after the game is unreal....As young man Saturday night wasn't over until monday morning in Gainesville. Let me know if you need any help finding groceries, nightlife, etc.
Thanks for the offer. I'm going to stay with my cousin in orange park .. last year I was at the lsu game and the year before I was at the fsu game. Game day was at the fsu game ... I had a great time .. next weekend in baton rouge will be my first away game except for the sugar bowl 2 years ago ... Go gators

LRTX1":26t0t34i said:
VanC":26t0t34i said:
JSCATTLE":26t0t34i said:

My guess woud be because Nebraska is on ABC which is ESPN affilaited, Fla/Bama is on CBS.
I thought ESPN and sec had a contract? Most of the sec games are on ESPN in my area ...

They share with CBS, I believe CBS gets first pick on games and ESPN gets the leftovers. Most SEC games on espn are second tier games.

VanC":2lh2vutg said:
JSCATTLE":2lh2vutg said:

I thought it was because they ran out of Junior Colleges willing to schedule them. Go Badgers!

My point was the Fla Bama game should be a better game...Wisconsin should beat Nebraska by 40

Looks like the SEC has a heck of good TV contract

2008 television contract

During the 2007–2008 fiscal year review meeting, there was discussion among SEC leadership about the possibility of starting a TV network dedicated to its conference, much in the same way the Mountain West Conference and Big Ten Conference have done with the mtn. and Big Ten Networks, respectively. A decision was made to postpone the decision until at least the following year.[12]

In August 2008, the SEC announced an unprecedented 15-year television contract with CBS worth an estimated $55 million a year. This will continue the relationship the SEC already has with CBS, which puts the SEC in the unique position as the only conference to have its own exclusive national television network of the four major over-the-air broadcast networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox) to display the SEC's events.[4]

In the same month, the league also announced another landmark television contract with ESPN worth $2.25 billion or $150 million a year for the life of the contract, which is for fifteen years. It is the longest and wealthiest contract among all television deals among the major conferences. With these contracts, the SEC has, outside the Big Ten, the richest television deals in the country and will make the SEC the most nationally televised and visible conference in the country with the coverage that is provided by these contracts.[13][14]

Yea Bama is the real deal ... Lsu is gonna be tough with out a qb . We can still win sec east .. go gators

JSCATTLE":9haq1i45 said:
Yea Bama is the real deal ... Lsu is gonna be tough with out a qb . We can still win sec east .. go gators
Heck JS...my Aggies can beat dang near anybody for a half. :lol:

JSCATTLE":13hhbt5f said:

My oh my how quickly the SEC East has become the SEC least. The Vols are pitiful, the Gators are down, South Carolina lost to a very young Auburn team at home, and I'm not sure if the Dawgs of Georgia are for real. Vandy and Kentucky are already looking forward to basketball season.

Bama looks like the real deal.

Beefy":3hjq9fi0 said:
How unfortunate for the Gators this game was televised. Go Dawgs.
At least it wasn't a loss to boise st. And Georgia has a loss coming in jacksonville ...

Latest posts