Leasing land for cattle!!!!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Okay, let me explain my frustration. I currently have the use of a 27 acre river bottom pasture that is great prime grass for cattle. I know it's only 27 acres but it's all I got for now and it's a good un. I'm always looking for more pasture for cattle and you won't believe the prices I get quoted for the use of some. It could be my location being so close to a bigger city and all and/or people are just nuts and think everyone with cattle are getting rich :roll: . I just got an e-mail from someone that said they had 20 acres of pasture that was half fenced with a pond. They wanted to rent it to me for $350 a month and I had to pay for and fence the rest myself! I'll just let you imagine what I thought to myself. I did write a two paragraph e-mail back explaining leasing pasture for cattle and how $350 a month for 20 acres was absurd, they probably think I'm lying trying to get a better deal. Heck the 27 acres I use is within 17 miles of downtown Nashville, Tn. and all I have to do there is bush-hog and keep the fences in order so my cattle don't get out. But the new people living there are from Montana and been around cattle & horses their entire life and they seem to get it. I guess I'm just not well enough connected yet, maybe time will help my cause. Oh yeah, the people wanting $350 a month for 20 acres are about 40 miles from Nashville, usually the farther out you get the more they understand! :x

Okay, rant over

I have seen ads for land for lease and it is usually small parcels like your talking about close to town and they prices are absurd
I seen one just last week that needed fence on 2 sides and they wanted $7 pr day per animal with at least a 6 month agreeement
what I thought was real funny was the title said
Land for your cows or horses CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP !!!!

tncattle":3c6vpouy said:
Okay, let me explain my frustration. I currently have the use of a 27 acre river bottom pasture that is great prime grass for cattle. I know it's only 27 acres but it's all I got for now and it's a good un. I'm always looking for more pasture for cattle and you won't believe the prices I get quoted for the use of some. It could be my location being so close to a bigger city and all and/or people are just nuts and think everyone with cattle are getting rich :roll: . I just got an e-mail from someone that said they had 20 acres of pasture that was half fenced with a pond. They wanted to rent it to me for $350 a month and I had to pay for and fence the rest myself! I'll just let you imagine what I thought to myself. I did write a two paragraph e-mail back explaining leasing pasture for cattle and how $350 a month for 20 acres was absurd, they probably think I'm lying trying to get a better deal. Heck the 27 acres I use is within 17 miles of downtown Nashville, Tn. and all I have to do there is bush-hog and keep the fences in order so my cattle don't get out. But the new people living there are from Montana and been around cattle & horses their entire life and they seem to get it. I guess I'm just not well enough connected yet, maybe time will help my cause. Oh yeah, the people wanting $350 a month for 20 acres are about 40 miles from Nashville, usually the farther out you get the more they understand! :x

Okay, rant over

What's really BS is that then they turn around and save thousands on property taxes on thier AG exemption. Sad;y enuf there is always some dumb schmuck who just got their first horsey and is willing to pay those kind of prices until the money runs out.

3waycross":3nf3s6wd said:
tncattle":3nf3s6wd said:

Okay, rant over

What's really BS is that then they turn around and save thousands on property taxes on thier AG exemption. Sad;y enuf there is always some dumb schmuck who just got their first horsey and is willing to pay those kind of prices until the money runs out.

Yes, that's the sad part cause then they spread the word to others that they can rent their land and make some serious $ or so they think.

Latest posts