lease bull

Help Support CattleToday:

tm_bk20

Reaction score
wanting to lease a bull this year. what is the going rate in your area? I found a place that leases bulls not to far away for $100.00 a year, was just wondering if that was the going rate.

tm_bk20":3lrlnoyg said:
wanting to lease a bull this year. what is the going rate in your area? I found a place that leases bulls not to far away for $100.00 a year, was just wondering if that was the going rate.

I can't give you a going rate for leasing bulls, but I can tell you that if you don't do your homework it could end up costing you a whole lot more than the quoted lease rate treating STD's. I would not lease a bull, and I would suggest you be very, very careful about whom you choose to lease bulls from.

100$ a year is a very low rate for leasing a bull. I can't imagine what kind a bull they would lease for a hundred dollars a year.

msscamp":3dnutbys said:
tm_bk20":3dnutbys said:

I can't give you a going rate for leasing bulls, but I can tell you that if you don't do your homework it could end up costing you a whole lot more than the quoted lease rate treating STD's. I would not lease a bull, and I would suggest you be very, very careful about whom you choose to lease bulls from.

I'm with msscamp on this in the end could wind up costing more then a realy good bull would have cost in the first place.

rattler

mnmtranching":2kk2x4hb said:
100$ a year is a very low rate for leasing a bull. I can't imagine what kind a bull they would lease for a hundred dollars a year.
im with ya. my neighbor has currently 30+ bulls rented out. i believe he does it for 500 bucks a year. if you get it from a reliable guy, you shouldnt have any problems.

IMO if someone was going to lease a bull for a WHOLE year for those "cheap" prices, then something must be wrong with either the bull or the person leasing him!

Maybe he/she figures $100 or $500 is better than feeding, etc., the bull for a year...goa figure...

Any bull free of any STD's, quality animal, current on all vaccinations and de-worming, has VALUE.

In our program, "When" we have a bull to lease (don't lease our herd sires), we will lease him for $250 a month or $8. a day, which ever is more. If a producer isn't willing to pay at least that, he/she is looking to breed his/her females for less than $10 each... There are those "cheap skates" out there for sure...

Us and a lot of other ranchers are NOT in the "charity, non-profit" business (at least in principle)...so, why should we/them take a hit for someone else to make money off of our loss???

:roll:

Latest posts