Lease Agreement

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I am looking for a standard lease agreement that will cover pasture land. Would prefer to find a fill in the blank agreement that I can download. I would appreciate it if anyone could provide a link or any other info.

First, a caveat: THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. If you don't come up with a sample lease form otherwise, check with your State's University animal science program--they are usually very helpful. On the other hand, if you are at easy with and have "legaleze" writing skills, you "might" go to one of the major chain Office Products stores and get a standard lease form for real estate (and pick the phrases out of it that are boilerplate) and fabricate your own. Leases should always contain description of the property, start and stop dates, lease payment amounts and when due, cancellation provisions for both lessor and lessee, who pays for any damages to leased property, any security deposits required, is insurance carried on the leased property and if so, who has and pays for it (especially liability insurance). In the case of livestock leasing, the value of each animal being leased should be specified on the lease in case of injury, estray, or death. Another consideration is that any lease or business agreement is probably considered to be a "contract" by the Court. In my State, it seems that the terms of any contract should include: "Offer to ____, Acceptance of the Offer, and exchange of Consideration (money, chickens, or other tangibles); finally the parties should be legally (age or other authority) authorized to enter into contractractual relationships in a mutually willing and un-coerced manner Should push come to shove, a written agreement (in any type of business transaction) is in your favor should things get nasty and end up in court. Verbal agreements are very shaky and all (as in "The People's Court" or "Judge Judy" etc., TV programs). In most civil court things (from what I've heard), it is the plaintiff or defendent who has a PREPONDERANCE of "credible" evidence that wins a case. AGAIN, these comments are NOT intended as legal advice...consult with your attorney as needed.

Latest posts