Leaf Cutter Ants

Help Support CattleToday:

MLCLARK

Reaction score
Question for you ranchers out there. I have a problem with leaf cutter ants in my lawn and pasture area. They will eat leavs off trees and newly planted grasses. I have tried severan ant baits but none have done any good. Can anyone help ?

I thin they used to but PETA decided eating ants was inhumane and made them stop further ardvark trafficking.

3MR":1cydxylf said:
I thin they used to but PETA decided eating ants was inhumane and made them stop further ardvark trafficking.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can see where they decided it was inhumane, but is it inardvarke?

Cuz

3MR":1hf1tc5b said:
get an ardvark! :lol:

great suggestion, the erdvark (the correct Afrikaans spelling) will dig you a few holes big enough for ponds so you'll also save on bulldozer cost. :D

Only ant bait I know off is mix a little sugar witrh a little borax powder ,about equal and they take it back to the nest.

Just do a trial to see if they will take it back.

tytower":3swabb8g said:
Only ant bait I know off is mix a little sugar witrh a little borax powder ,about equal and they take it back to the nest.

Just do a trial to see if they will take it back.

Milk replacement powder works equally well (if not better) as an ant bait, I just can't remember the name of the poison you mix into it. They also carry it to the nest and kills the whole colony.

Latest posts