Leachman Cattle Co.

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
How big is Leachman Cattle Co.? As in how many head? And what kind of operation are they? Cow/calf, or Commercial bulls or.....?

CopeMan":1vwrs44f said:
How big is Leachman Cattle Co.? As in how many head? And what kind of operation are they? Cow/calf, or Commercial bulls or.....?
Big. Cow/Calf and Commercial Bulls and Reg Herd Sire's
Corporator herds working with them. Are you talking about the new Leachman of Colorado or the Original Leachman Cattle Co started by Jim Leachman in about 1970 or a little later.
Plenty of composites. Two different outfits. You are talking easy 1000+ in each outfit. Be more specific.

The new Leachman of Colorado. I know thay have Red and Black Angus, Simmental ,Gelbveih and and hybrids. I seen something where they were going to start raising Peidmontese. Is this true? Are they going to raise them for seedstock?

CopeMan":nqelo7df said:
The new Leachman of Colorado. I know thay have Red and Black Angus, Simmental ,Gelbveih and and hybrids. I seen something where they were going to start raising Peidmontese. Is this true? Are they going to raise them for seedstock?
The original Leachman Cattle Co. Was raising piedmontese. I don't think they worked out to well. Lee may try them at his new outfit.

Jake":flu3l6fn said:
Well they are selling 800 bulls here shortly so figure on at least 1600 cows at 50% of each sex.
A large part of these are from cooperator herds. They are not all owned by LCC.

CopeMan":28j5q4zx said:
as far as I know they are trying to get a composite with Piedmontese

Latest posts