LD Capitalist 316

Help Support CattleToday:

We will use him soon. Daughters are suppose to be excellent in every way.

I had a chance to see a couple 316 heifers this weekend. They were definitely meaty, they had a good amount of leather it stuck out immediately.

Cap 316 sons were easy to sell last spring. They pictured well for the sale flyer, buyers liked them right away when the saw them in person and the calving ease and growth combination closed the deal. Only had 1 Cap 316 heifer and she is bred to calve in March '21. Calved Cap 316 and Black Granite calves in blizzard aftermath in 2019 and noticed the Black Granite calves were more vigorous than the 316 calves (and more vigorous than most of the other A.I. sired calves) about getting up and nursing. That is really my only knock on them and that is getting kind of picky.

I second that. He's been good on just the one we have. I was questioning it at first because she came so very small (yes I was aware of calving ease) but she's held her own and is now a walking tank. Very thick and even bodied.
We purchased a heifer that was bred to 316 she calved Friday can't tell much at this point it's a heifer calf but only weighed 56 pounds so smaller than I like at birth

Latest posts