Lazybones

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Here's a walk through one half of my herd.. all being lazy butts.. Caddy has all her (4) daughters nearby, and all but 2 of the calves are granddaughters/sons
https://youtu.be/iAxSrr6BBEc

Hera.. the fattest butt

Chroma with her 9 day old heifer

Caddy and family (all the ones laying down)

Awesome! Nesikep, where do they forage? I don't see much there. I remember the alpine pastures of Montana and Wyoming. Is there better pasture up there?

frieghttrain":3dt32273 said:
Looks good Nesi! I seen Marko, is the Limousin with the back pasture cows? :p
they both have some front pasture cows.. it depends mostly on which ones I want heifers from, and how I can minimize funky colored calves

There was a famous kennel of Mastiffs with the kennel name Lazybones. I thought we were going to talk about my favorite breed of dog for a minute...

... instead I get to see your critters!

So, how short is Hera? How tall are you?

WalnutCrest":3fytj2jr said:
There was a famous kennel of Mastiffs with the kennel name Lazybones. I thought we were going to talk about my favorite breed of dog for a minute...

... instead I get to see your critters!

So, how short is Hera? How tall are you?

Apparently Google thinks there are dogs in my pictures!

I'm 6'.. Hera isn't very tall.. certainly not leggy.. somewhere around waist height? estimating in the low 300 lb range now?
Here's a pic of her from today.. Today it struck me how deep set her eyes are.

Chroma's calf at 16 days old.. she was chewing cud at 9 days old.. I think that's some kind of record

Caddy's calf.. for one of the later calves she certainly isn't behind in growth.. not quite the thick build of Hera, but might look good anyhow

New pasture! they'll be temporarily happy!

What a show stopper.. just take my word for it, he's super deep, has perfect feet, etc etc etc :roll:
What BCS you figure he's in? 5-6?

Your new pasture photo is incredible. Dang it's beautiful in the spring, there.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":358y5kvh said:
Great pics and bull really looks good.
Talk about amazing scenery - we get some pretty funky scenery when we click on a picture to look at it in a bigger version.
hahahah.. yeah, I know.. outside of my realm of control though!

Latest posts