Lazy M, TT, Ky Hills, Kentuckyguy

Help Support CattleToday:

I have to agree with jltrent about being glad it is not drought. Still, this much rain is very unusual and it has made for a trying year. We have constant cloudy, grey, dreary day after day and that is not normal. It is also very depressing to want to get out and do and you just can't. I would gladly send some of it in another direction if I could. Well, we do often get some real nice "Indian summer" type weather so maybe that will come in October like normal. Last year it was very late before we got any real cold, it was very warm during hunting season, thanksgiving and all.

farmerjan":28zmt6l9 said:
I have to agree with jltrent about being glad it is not drought. Still, this much rain is very unusual and it has made for a trying year. We have constant cloudy, grey, dreary day after day and that is not normal. It is also very depressing to want to get out and do and you just can't. I would gladly send some of it in another direction if I could. Well, we do often get some real nice "Indian summer" type weather so maybe that will come in October like normal. Last year it was very late before we got any real cold, it was very warm during hunting season, thanksgiving and all.

I would love to have an "Indian Summer". Nice clear dry days. 6 weeks of that would be a shot in the arm.

Bright Raven":23rm44t9 said:
farmerjan":23rm44t9 said:

I would love to have an "Indian Summer". Nice clear dry days. 6 weeks of that would be a shot in the arm.

I'm with you. With all this rain the hay fields are growing like crazy. If we can get another dry spell to bale haynit would give us enough to last 2 winters.

Sure would feel nice having a years worth of hay left over in the barn.

Latest posts