Lawn mowers?

Help Support CattleToday:

i got a 8 year old murray 16 hp 42 " , absolute wreck , no front cowl , knocked it off , a half ass muffler , bent up fenders from picking it up with the bobcat to change tires , got rid of all the safety crap , now theres a mower ! It just runs and runs. I'd be afraid to get a new one cuz they don't have all the options this one has :
Hay Bale String mower
Trailer block in the tall grass mower
loose fence wire in the weeds mower

It does have a beer holder too !

I's be afraid to drive a new mower thru our barn yard in the spring. After we "chop" up the winter leftovers maybe. Have looked at new ones this year though and they are quite proud of them.

i got a 8 year old murray 16 hp 42 " , absolute wreck , no front cowl , knocked it off , a half ass muffler , bent up fenders from picking it up with the bobcat to change tires , got rid of all the safety crap , now theres a mower ! It just runs and runs. I'd be afraid to get a new one cuz they don't have all the options this one has :
Hay Bale String mower
Trailer block in the tall grass mower
loose fence wire in the weeds mower

It does have a beer holder too !

I's be afraid to drive a new mower thru our barn yard in the spring. After we "chop" up the winter leftovers maybe. Have looked at new ones this year though and they are quite proud of them.

I bought a used zero turn out of the local bucksaver paper a month or two ago. It's two or three years old with 100 hrs, 50" cut made by Cub Cadet. It's the cheaper model, stamped deck but it looks like new for 1500 bucks. Used it the first time Friday evening, that thing sure is fun but it'll get stuck on a wet dog turd.

All I ever hear are complaints about Sears appliances and mowers. Good tools but the other stuff is bad.

Stocker Steve":22dmx98x said:
cfpinz":22dmx98x said:
Stocker Steve":22dmx98x said:
Sheep are pretty dependable.

All the sheep in this area have been leased out to West Virginia for prom season.

The lawns must look pretty nice when they line up the couples for outside photos.

I got 4 myself and gaduated years ago.

I shopped around quite a bit and mostly looked at decks and engines. I wanted a zero turn and settled on a Cub Cadet with a heavy built (not stamped) deck and a Kawasaki engine. Paid $5000.00, which is not a lot for a mower these days. It really mows good and has a lot of power, we are really happy with it.

I use to use a 30" Snapper that I thought cut just fine. It died after about 10 years. I watched the grass grow around it in the yard where it stopped for about 3 weeks dreading buying a new lawn mower. A freind that sold Skag ztr's had a used 52" cut and made me a deal. What used to take me about 5 1/2 - 6 hours to cut with the Snapper took about 1 1/2- 2 hours to cut with the Skag, and looked better than the snapper ever did. The kids ran it out of oil and I had to put a new crank in the Kohler engine. It was about 4 years old when I got it for $3500.00 and I used it for 6 years and sold it for $2500.00. Took that and went and bought a Dixie Chopper 50" demo for $4800.00 and like it even better than the Skag. Faster, lighter, and cuts through my Bahaia. The danger of cutting with one of those high end ztr's is you'll never consider anything else a lawn mower.

Latest posts