Latest Snake Sighting

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":21pvlwmi said:
I got extremely lucky this afternoon. With no protection, I called myself looking on the ground after a shower but I missed him. For some reason I stoped and broke some dog fennel in to that was in my face and the top of the fennel hit the ground about 2 feet in front of me and a 4.5 footer threw its head back and started rattling. I retreated quicker than shot goes threw a goose. Still don't know why I stopped. Just lucky I guess.

Someone up there likes you. Either that or he just ain't ready to see you yet.LOLOL

3waycross":3dg0hwol said:
Jogeephus":3dg0hwol said:
I got extremely lucky this afternoon. With no protection, I called myself looking on the ground after a shower but I missed him. For some reason I stoped and broke some dog fennel in to that was in my face and the top of the fennel hit the ground about 2 feet in front of me and a 4.5 footer threw its head back and started rattling. I retreated quicker than shot goes threw a goose. Still don't know why I stopped. Just lucky I guess.

Someone up there likes you. Either that or he just ain't ready to see you yet.LOLOL

Those are the same words four doctors used several years ago when my stubborness amazed them. Snakes are really out and about now. I'm glad I stopped. Sometimes I wonder if we don't have a third eye. Some kind of subconsious ability to see danger. I've had this theory for a long time and it explains yesterday very well cause I had walked nearly a quarter mile non stop and just happened to stop for no real reason. Whatever the reason I'm glad I stopped cause that snake really would have ruined my week and I'm behind enough as it is.

Those are the same words four doctors used several years ago when my stubborness amazed them. Snakes are really out and about now. I'm glad I stopped. Sometimes I wonder if we don't have a third eye. Some kind of subconsious ability to see danger. I've had this theory for a long time and it explains yesterday very well cause I had walked nearly a quarter mile non stop and just happened to stop for no real reason. Whatever the reason I'm glad I stopped cause that snake really would have ruined my week and I'm behind enough as it is.[/quote]

I know what ya mean about luck. When I was 13 I was walking through the neighbors stackyard with a bundle of feed sacks on top of my hear porter fashion. The Koscia weeds were 5 feet tall and right in the middle of the stackyard a snake went off. within 3 seconds the whole stackyard lit up. To this day I don't know how I made it out unbitten but I do know my cousin says that bundle of sacks came down 5 seconds after I got out of there. I hate the dam things and that includes Red Racers and Bull snakes too.

You do know killing snake is against the law, in fact kill any wild animal without a permit is unlawful...Get past your fears..live and let live, only kill for food, make the world a better place for all not just yourself...

alftn":13kzbaln said:
You do know killing snake is against the law, in fact kill any wild animal without a permit is unlawful...Get past your fears..live and let live, only kill for food, make the world a better place for all not just yourself...

Would you change your opinion about Snakes if one bit your child. Just another dumb law. I prefer a dead Snake any day.
Tom

alftn":d10bfxrt said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

It is always a question of location, if the snake is in the barn I would probly destory it ( poisions) if it was in the woods I would probly leave it alone..but what always amazes me is how people pick and choose what laws to obey...My father killed every snake and bird of pray that he came by, I know better. It is quite possible that my grand kids will be bitten by a snake, we spend a hugh part of out time in the woods...but I am far more worried about limes or tick fever...Snakes are like guns the more you know about them the safer they are....

alftn":2xacrrti said:
It is always a question of location, if the snake is in the barn I would probly destory it ( poisions) if it was in the woods I would probly leave it alone..but what always amazes me is how people pick and choose what laws to obey...My father killed every snake and bird of pray that he came by, I know better. It is quite possible that my grand kids will be bitten by a snake, we spend a hugh part of out time in the woods...but I am far more worried about limes or tick fever...Snakes are like guns the more you know about them the safer they are....

Well I can't disagre with the Lyme part. I got it in Missouri this spring turkey hunting. As far as picking and choosing what laws to obey we as a country were founded on the idea that not all laws are right and or just. I am proud to carry on with that tradition.

I DO and always WILL destroy every poisinous snake I encounter............................end of story!