latest project

Help Support CattleToday:

ONLY-BEEF":3pcvjfce said:
first take yur self a gander at his chest. looks kinda like the thin en of a wedge. that ther will tell ya hes gonna tire fast from no air.

Only Beef, have you seen what an average arabian looks like in the front end? There is no other horse on this earth that can keep up with an Arabian on an endurance ride.

Good luck with him Alacowman, in the end it only matters if you and him are happy. I'm betting the horse is already happy.

Mister cypressfarms your fur geten that an arabian dont need a wide chest cus hes got em self a long chest. thats what gives em the air hes needen. now your quarter horse aint got em self a long chest so he needs ta have some width to em. ifen Mister ALACOWMAN wants ta be knowen fur sellen ponys like this un that thers his business. my self i wouldent.

ONLY-BEEF":w5x45bmt said:
Mister cypressfarms your fur geten that an arabian dont need a wide chest cus hes got em self a long chest. thats what gives em the air hes needen. now your quarter horse aint got em self a long chest so he needs ta have some width to em. ifen Mister ALACOWMAN wants ta be knowen fur sellen ponys like this un that thers his business. my self i wouldent.

You have a valid point OB, but the bottom line is that Alacowman seems to have "rescued" this animal; and I'm sure the horse will be better off for it. I don't think that he's trying to pass this horse off as Poco, but the horse may turn out fine for him. I admire someone who gives that extra effort to help an animal like this out. We're not talking about a cow that Caustic would put a 45-70 slug in.

OK i can take that for what its worth Mister cypressfarms. ya seem like a resonable man. i aint as kind in the heart as people say i should be an ta me ponys are for work. ifen they aint no good for that get em off yur grass!

Mister ALACOWMAN i mean ya no disrespect.

this here man Mister Caustic sounds like a gooden!
i go ahead an carry a 44-40 so i only gota carry 1 bullet fur both my winchester an six shooter. always did like the 45-70.

ONLY-BEEF":hpmo21qn said:

OB you're digging a hole for yourself here, ala is talking about rescuing a $600 horse, for a project, not the next world champion. I feel I also know a bit about horses and that is a fine looking $600 animal that he can easily find a good home for and many times make his money over. My hats off to Ala, he did a fine thing and if he chooses a money making thing, that will work out also. Now, not starting a fight with you, but is it really necessary to try to type things out with an accent? It gets a bit weird to read. I would not fault you for spelling errors, I make plenty myself, but "ifen", "fur", "this un",... It's not the way you make speak that bugs me it's the way you're typing that blows your creditablity with me. You don't have to sound like a old cow hand to be one, and to try to type like one is just strange.

Get out of this conversation while you can save a little grace.

JMO,
ALan

well i appreciate the good comments and OB I appreciate your attitude but trust me i KNOW a good horses but it wasnt a world champion trying too crawl under my fence for a blade of grass much to my misfortune i guess. the negative comment about him wouldnt bother him a bit right now. but they did me because i know horse's this was my attempt too make a silk purse out of a sows ear . and he or i couldnt be happier... dont take this post as a weakness just reasonalbe talk oh yeah ill be sure to let you know if he drops dead while running a cow which dont seem likely right now

I logged on here to see if my Dad had the hang of this yet. I can see he does. I will tell him he does not have to type the same way he talks. I can not help you on anything else. As you can see he has lived a hundred years in his 68 and when it comes to cattle, "ponys" :) or covering your back in a pinch there is none better.

I no that I should stay out of this and I am sure I will be told as much. But... Alan you have as much charactor as a teenage school girl! Dad is right about that horse, you know it, and it pi$$es you off. Attacking the way a man talks or tries to type is LOWER then a snake! When Dad told alacowman he ment him "no disrespect" that was as close to an all out apology as I have seen him get! You could not let it go at that could you? You sir are a sad, sad man.

Austin Oliver Martiny. Pahsimeroi River Valley May, Idaho

ONLY-BEEF":39fh55rx said:
I logged on here to see if my Dad had the hang of this yet. I can see he does. I will tell him he does not have to type the same way he talks. I can not help you on anything else. As you can see he has lived a hundred years in his 68 and when it comes to cattle, "ponys" :) or covering your back in a pinch there is none better.

I no that I should stay out of this and I am sure I will be told as much. But... Alan you have as much charactor as a teenage school girl! Dad is right about that horse, you know it, and it pi$$es you off. Attacking the way a man talks or tries to type is LOWER then a snake! When Dad told alacowman he ment him "no disrespect" that was as close to an all out apology as I have seen him get! You could not let it go at that could you? You sir are a sad, sad man.

You are not this young man are you?

http://www.wrca.org/Foundation/2005.htm

Good luck on the CSI rodeo team. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and good goals for the future.

well it would be most appreciated if you girls would quit sabotaging my post. and take your a$$ elsewhere this sht has went about as far as my alaa$$ can tolerate its plain to see you fellers are idiots. go get your wives to take more some more pictures on your horse's its sad to say but i hope MACON locks this

ALACOWMAN":3h377wa3 said:
well it would be most appreciated if you girls would quit sabotaging my post. and take your a$$ elsewhere this sht has went about as far as my alaa$$ can tolerate its plain to see you fellers are idiots. go get your wives to take more some more pictures on your horse's its sad to say but i hope MACON locks this

I love you too! ;-)

ONLY-BEEF":tcznr133 said:

Wow, no need to come to dads rescue, and maybe I am a teenage schoolgirl... never can tell about the internet. :D

You guys a missing the point about this post, again, it's not about a world class future cutting champion, it's about a $600 working ranch horse that is out of a certain blood line. Like you would say, there's a lot of room in horses between the $25000 cutting or roping horse and the $3000 ranch horse. I'm not jealous of anything. All I'm saying is you're dad, at 68, mines 74, would never have gotten away with turning a paper in like that in school. It's hard to read and a little strange.

He more than welcome to converse in the boards put better but on the thick skin until he and you earn the respect of others that know each other a bit better.

As I said, that's part of the fun of the internet, you two may be the same person and may live in a high raise in Chicago... respect is earned not given.

Alan

Protective little feller aint he :) any how he does the same dang thing with his older brothers. i got to figer its from all that bull riden makes em so fisty. i aint had much book learnen so ifen ya cant read my letters go right on ahead and skip em.

ALACOWMAN i see yur as mad as a 2 dollar whore so ill just wish ya the best o luck with that ther nag and leave it at that.

ONLY-BEEF":tclsjjjy said:
Protective little feller aint he :) any how he does the same dang thing with his older brothers. i got to figer its from all that bull riden makes em so fisty. i aint had much book learnen so ifen ya cant read my letters go right on ahead and skip em.

ALACOWMAN i see yur as mad as a 2 dollar be nice so ill just wish ya the best o luck with that ther nag and leave it at that.

OB for me that's fair enuf!

Alan

im not worried about the two dollar be nice its you stupid SONS OFS BIT## running loose in public that has me worried YOU BEST BE GLAD I CANT GET MY HANDS ON YOU I WOULD STOMP YOU TWO SO FAR DOWN IT WOULD TAKE A BACKHOE TO DIG YOU OUT COUNT ON IT

Just incase I am one of thoses "two" you are talking about I went ahead and sent you a pm with my full address. You are welcome anytime.

I,ll leave the light on for ya! ;-)

Just for the record, Alacowman is a respected guru on this board. He never posted pics stating look at my $10,000 horse here. He just posted a pic of a "project horse" that he is trying to salvage.

End of story. Can't you leave him alone. We understand, you don't like the horse. Well, you don't have to, you didn't buy him. Things like this gets strings locked and makes enemies. Only Beef, you haven't been here long enough to pull that kind of weight yet. And SRR, your not acting real grown up either saying you'll leave the light on. Come on guys, let's act like grown-ups. Get off of his back.

You are right cypressfarms! My bad for carrying this along to far. :(

I did not threaten ALACOWMAN in anyway so when he stated
"YOU BEST BE GLAD I CANT GET MY HANDS ON YOU I WOULD STOMP YOU TWO SO FAR DOWN IT WOULD TAKE A BACKHOE TO DIG YOU OUT COUNT ON IT"
I just thought I would give him the chance he asked for.

My apologies to anyone that I offended. We should have taken this outside a long time ago. ;-)

S.R.R.":103jtc7j said:
You are right cypressfarms! My bad for carrying this along to far. :(

I did not threaten ALACOWMAN in anyway so when he stated
"YOU BEST BE GLAD I CANT GET MY HANDS ON YOU I WOULD STOMP YOU TWO SO FAR DOWN IT WOULD TAKE A BACKHOE TO DIG YOU OUT COUNT ON IT"
I just thought I would give him the chance he asked for.

My apologies to anyone that I offended. We should have taken this outside a long time ago. ;-)
yeah your right nothing like a good fight over someone saving a animal makes sence to me too bad mother teresa is dead are you could beat the pi$$ OUT OF HER. oh their gonna get off my back cypress you can bet ;-) I dont think these boys ever understood the situation of this horse they just wanted too compare him too better looking more exspensive horse's hard too understand . but it'll come out in the wash

Well - alacowman... Good for you for rescuing that colt (or maybe that would be young gelding?) ...

I've got a gelding that goes back to Poco Bueno ... I like him good enough. Best thing about mine is his smooth gaits. Gotta love those shoulders and pasterns.

to the person who posted the other grandsons of PB - so far as those photos go... it's hard to say with the buckskin at the bottom - I am hoping that he just stopped with his hind end beneath him, but somehow I doubt that's an action picture. Anyway the horse in the second photo (side view of a horse with tack on, standing in a field) and the last one, the buckskin - I don't like the looks of their back legs - so sickle-hocked underneath. So maybe Ala's horse is on the thin/narrow side, and he may not live to be a hundred years old, but I bet that gelding is glad to be out of a crappy situation.

I'll tell you what - the way the show trainers break and train 2 year old QH's these days - they are all broken down before they are 10 years old!! I'd rather have a horse off the range anyday.

You can bet he was. what i really like about this horse aint his looks its his disposition his willingness to do what i ask. if i were too go out looking too buy a horse he wouldnt be my choice in the looks department and i need too clear up a little confusion im not in the horse buying and selling business ive been offerd good money for the rope horse ive trained . when i said colt as i stated before he was one mentally at the time i got him age wise i treated him as a colt because he was as for as knowing any thing but i am not a horse trader

Latest posts