latest project

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
ace.jpg

i rescued this one from a backyard prison stunted and starving a poco bueno great grandson one of the most agreeable colts/horse i`ve had in a while still playing catch up physically growing up and out all the time best 600 dollars i`ve spent lately ;-)

i wish you luck with that colt. some of them starved ones have damage to their inerds. dont put more money in him then you can stand to lose.

Although my moma told me i was born at night well it wasnt last night. I`ve been fooling with horses since i was old enough to know anything. I appreciate your concerne but concentrate on someone else that needs it.Got to much behind me not to know whats in front of me. :cboy:

ALACOWMAN if what you say is true you woulda never gone an spent six hundred hard earned dollars on a stunted starved nag now would ya. ya got to buy betteren that to show a fella you know horses. no matter how good a cutten horse is in its blood ya got to take a look at the animal.

Doesn't look stunted or starved now.... nice looking colt, as ms asked how old is he, gelding? judging from the pic he looks to be about 15 hands or so... how stunted is he :D .

Alan

only-beef i dont have too show you a dA## thing you dont no what the conditon this animal was in dont start something you cant finish boy...... now back too the questions that matter he is six years not a colt phyically speaking but was way behind mentally i bought him because no one was gonna turn them in and i knew they would assume it was me. i could tell he had potentail . didnt know what his breeding was when i bought him till after ward but is one of the best natured outfits ive had in awhile

Alan":2cpl4vid said:
Doesn't look stunted or starved now.... nice looking colt, as ms asked how old is he, gelding? judging from the pic he looks to be about 15 hands or so... how stunted is he :D .

Alan
thanks alan. he's living proof of what a little wormer and groceries can do. the folks that had him had kept him in there back yard in a little space about about 50 feet square no grass was left the only reason someone might have not turn them in was because you couldnt see him from the road i should have but i wanted the colt enough too just buy him myself. i bought him last year though he has came on strong physicaly

only-beef may need to join Caustic Burnos sensitivity classes but he has a point. Here is one of Poco Bueno and four of his grandsons. One of whom was starved and stunted. You guess the one.

Poco_Bueno_web_op_593x800.jpg

Pocograndson7yr.jpg

ace.jpg

Poco_grandson7yr.jpg

Poco_grandson5yr.jpg

edited to show right age group ect. ages 5-7yr old.

i dont care if he has a point or not this is a whole different situation this SOB of mine is not a world beater he's a product of hard times and mismanagement you want too compare apples to oranges thats fine ive got enough cowboy in my A$$ let me go pump him up on feed and polish and see what happens. if the one above mine is the one your talking about he dont look any better than mine even with the turtle wax OH YEAH DID YOU NOTICE MINE IS A GELDING AND A WHOLE LOT YOUNGER :?: THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE YOU GO COMPARING TO THE OTHERS

6 years old is full grown in any breed. and yes you are right it was not nice of me to point out the obvious point that only-beef was trying to make. A weak moment on my part, it will happen again. Best of luck with your project.

If he acts and rides good-- I think you did great

One thing to keep in the back of your mind when buying a "starved horse" especially if it was starved as a young'un.
There are several VEt reasearch papers that definetly show a higher % of long term damage issues. From weakened bones and joints to a propensity for colic,allergies...............

But I would still pay $600 for one I liked. Wouldn't even think about buying one that got rehabbed to looking and performing good for $6000.

S.R.R.":2q4t6mjm said:
6 years old is full grown in any breed. and yes you are right it was not nice of me to point out the obvious point that only-beef was trying to make. A weak moment on my part, it will happen again.

Not sure what is going on here it may be a bit of another war of words from the cattle side from you guys. But JMO, 6 yr old for a stud is not full grown by any means, the 2 pics of the grandsons are of well matured older stallions, not a 6 yr old stallion let alone a gelding. I like the looks of his $600 project and he looks good enough as a 4yr old (assuming 4 yr by the date of the pic). He looks a heck of a lot better than alot of the other horses I've seen pics on.

Again if this is personal between you guys from other posts, leave me out of it, I just think you're off base taking it out on this horse. I would have bought this horse in second for $600, because, I could have made up to 5 times the money back in my area. This doesn't look like a 4 yr old with health problems.

JMO
Alan

Alan I don`t think its a deal of issues from other posts i think its a deal of jealousy from chuckle heads than to compare show animals to working class my only fault was to post a picture of a cow horse. for some fat old men that set on their hip pockets while they ride a horse that someone else broke for them. to judge .ASK THE CHUCKLE HEAD WHY HE EDITED AND REMOVED THE PICTURE ABOVE MINE........THE DATE OF THE PICTURE ON THE CAMERA IS OFF THIS WAS TAKEN APRIL 19TH 2006 IF THATS A PROBLEM

ALACOWMAN":1ere7lsi said:
Alan I don`t think its a deal of issues from other posts i think its a deal of jealousy from chuckle heads than to compare show animals to working class my only fault was to post a picture of a cow horse. for some fat old men that set on their hip pockets while they ride a horse that someone else broke for them. to judge .ASK THE CHUCKLE HEAD WHY HE EDITED AND REMOVED THE PICTURE ABOVE MINE........THE DATE OF THE PICTURE ON THE CAMERA IS OFF THIS WAS TAKEN APRIL 19TH 2006 IF THATS A PROBLEM

The CHUCKLE head edited the pictures because you told the CHUCKLE head he was comparing older mature stallions to a younger 6 year old gelding. ie. apples to oranges. This CHUCKLE head thought you were right so changed the oranges to apples ie. 5-7 yr old Poco grandsons. now you can compare apples to apples. ;-) By the way you committed no fault in posting your horse. Your not like one of thoses guys that post a bull picture and then get mad at what people say about it are you? By the way Poco and the grandsons I have posted are and were working class horses.

~~

ALACOWMAN,

Bless you for rescuing this gentle horse from a life of neglect.

You done good.

And he will do good for you.

First real kindly o ya ta call me a boy. thank ya. i cant say it back at ya cus i dont know ya.

ifen ya recall i started my first letter to ya sayen good luck on yor dang nag! after that i said a word o caution to ya consernin a starved ponys inerds. no disrespect put yur way atall.
Next thing i know ya come back at me wit both barrels a blazen like mister john wayne in a picture show. i got ta figer somthin i said consernin a starved ponys inerds got caught up in yur craw. it is a fact an i met it as friendly add vice.

now i think i can go on ahead an clear the water ta both our satifaction. ive had me a string a ponys since i was out my ma 14 yrs. if a man dont have an eye for horse flesh his ponys show it and no boss will put him on ta cowboy. when i was a younen a cowboy could only work as hard as his ponys were good.

3 things took a grab ta me when i first seen your pony.

first take yur self a gander at his chest. looks kinda like the thin en of a wedge. that ther will tell ya hes gonna tire fast from no air.

next thing that grabs ya is weres the beef at? ifen ya roped a cow that was headen out at a pace shed knock the poor thing ass en up!

last thing is with all that starven his bones got no chance ta thicken. put him at a pace down a canyon and ya gonna have a broke leg for yur trouble.
mister S.R.R. was kind enough ta load up a few photograghs o what you could look for next time ya go buyen. dont go thinken a ponys got ta be so darn spit polishd and fat just look that pony over liken ya would a good bull an ya gonna buy better with yur money.
Kind regards i got ta figer this letter will clear things up betwen us.

you and s.r.r dont understand this horse wasnt bought on looks im not a ten year old i`ve rodeo`d i`ve bought high dollar horses i still have high dollar horses i`ve been offered high dollar for my rope horses im not some hick stuck back in the holler not knowing what a horse should look like this is not what offended me it dont matter if im from the northwest or canada i garuntee you i could make money on this horse i`ve been offered money on this horse so dont try to down grade me anymore and dont respond to my post b/c i know EXACTLY what im doin if you dont like him thats fine if i`d gave 10,000 dollars for him and you bashed him i`d feel like i deserved it otherwise i could care less what you think about him i can post pictures of champion horses as well as yall can but i never advertise him as such appreciate you screwin my post up just make sure you dont post a pic of a animal in his workin cloths cause i`ll take the son of a gun apart piece by piece

looks like that ther letter turnd the water ta mud. i bet you an my x would get along like rocks in a creek. i never had no luck explainen my self ta her neather :roll: