Latest Polls-Bush and Iraq

Help Support CattleToday:

Yea, Oreo, I'm sure many people are enlightened by your posts and then sit by the phone waiting on the pollsters to call so they can try to emulate you. I swear there needs to be a twelve step program for you West Coast kooks so that maybe you can help each other help yourselves. Maybe y'all could have your own country out there and take the Northeast with you. Let Kerry and Teddy Kennedy swap out being President, unless you would prefer Senator Clinton and Senator Feinstein running the show.

Next time you go to counseling, be sure to toss out the idea about your influence on the polls and come back and let us know what your pshrink psaid.

Don't underestimate the Oregonian. He is one of the most influentional people on this board.
I heard that he is a personal friend of a friend of a friend of the cousin of a local dog catcher.

I try to stay out of political discussions because everybody has a right to their opinion, but lately it seems like alot of libies are gloating over the fact that the president's popularity dropped, but that gloating comes at the price of good young men being shot or bombed. And on the flip side, you're unhappy when Bush's popularity is up and less people are getting killed.
So as long as Bush looks bad, no matter what happens to our troops, you're happy.

hell of a way to think.

Well, I've said it before, I don't like George Bush.
But I don't like any of the other choices either -- at this point, IMO, the election will come down to a choice between the lessor of 2 evils.
But at least Bush is a KNOWN evil!
Mr Kerry seems to be a much scarier prospect.

Ann B

An obvious case of "hold your nose and pull the lever"

dun

Ann Bledsoe":11obtz5q said:
But I don't like any of the other choices either -- at this point, IMO, the election will come down to a choice between the lessor of 2 evils.

Ann B

Politics are a touchy subject regardless. However, I look at the issues and make my choices based upon who I think will do the better job. My conservative values, perspective on business issues (since I run two of them), and support for this country keeps me away from the democrats.

But like it has already been said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether I agree or not.

Ann Bledsoe":2ubxrl81 said:

Ann B

I don't like neither one of them! I made a decision last night not to vote this time. Don't think they are too concerned about losing a single vote. The candidates are soo horrible it isn't worth my efforts to go choose one. Either way..... I will be happy when Bush is gone and back at his Texas ranch milling around his piggy bank...money he earned from Iraq. When he leaves office and back home, he will get an earful from parents who lost their sons and daughters in his senseless war. He'll regret for the things he done and said during his throne at the White House.

OVERTHROW KING GEORGE! OVERTHROW KING GEORGE!

Ann Bledsoe said:

Ann B

Exactly what has Mr. Bush done to earn the title "evil?"

Truthfully speaking, a highly respected politician (during the heated arguments between North and South) had suggested something I can agree with. There should be 5 qualifications to be a voter-qualified to vote:
1. No declarations of Bankruptcy. This is unfortunate, but it means one has passed his burdens on to society.
2. Cannot be supported by taxpayers. Unemployment, welfare, etc, etc. You must be willing and capable of supporting yourself to vote.
3. Must be a taxpayer of some sort of property. To pay them only from a paycheck doesn't deem any kind of exceptional responsibility and great concern of what taxes we are paying and how they are being spent.
4. Must possess some type of education. A voter should be capable of thinking on their own, being able to read.
5. Can't remember the 5th one.

I suspect that if those criteria had to be met, I can think of one particular party that would simply dissolve.

D.R. Cattle":3aw4exif said:
Truthfully speaking, a highly respected politician (during the heated arguments between North and South) had suggested something I can agree with. There should be 5 qualifications to be a voter-qualified to vote:
1. No declarations of Bankruptcy. This is unfortunate, but it means one has passed his burdens on to society.
2. Cannot be supported by taxpayers. Unemployment, welfare, etc, etc. You must be willing and capable of supporting yourself to vote.
3. Must be a taxpayer of some sort of property. To pay them only from a paycheck doesn't deem any kind of exceptional responsibility and great concern of what taxes we are paying and how they are being spent.
4. Must possess some type of education. A voter should be capable of thinking on their own, being able to read.

ah I see why you love King George so much..those are the style of a monarchial system. There is a flaw to number 2,3 and 4. In 2, there are people on SS(retirement), SSDI, and SSI, are they eligilbe voters? Certainly nobody's faults for growing old or becoming/is disabled... If so, I'll challenge you on the Disabilities Act that grant them to vote as well as the elderly.
3. Some people are renters....what about them? Some of them can't afford property because real estate are in the "goldmining" business. Besides, there are young/disabled people who are still home. I knew a gal who is very intelligent but she has trouble remembering things short term, some form of rare brain diease...so she lives at home.
4. First you tell us its okay for kids to dropout of High school now you want them to be educated...make up your mind. Thankfully, I am a college graduate with TWO degrees.....not clown school....a real college. Secondly, there are people with dylexic, they can't vote either?
I don't agree with those so-called politicians...I wouldn't vote for them if they were the last person on earth... Sounds like bunch of Jeb Bushs' and John Ashcrofts'.
I suspect that if those criteria had to be met, I can think of one particular party that would simply dissolve.

D.R. Cattle":3rm4mr01 said:

Sounds an awful lot like Tommy to me. Jefferson, that is. Not that Oregonian would put any weight in anything Jefferson said.

Craig-TX

Sounds an awful lot like Tommy to me. Jefferson, that is. Not that Oregonian would put any weight in anything Jefferson said.

Craig-TX

No "Oregonian" has two degrees. "Not from clown school either." I wonder what school.

la4angus":1spuuaep said:
No "Oregonian" has two degrees. "Not from clown school either." I wonder what school.

& i wonder which degrees......i think we can eliminate english.

Oregonian,
For those that have a legitimate reason to be supported by society we have to make concessions. I suspect that it is a small percentage of the actual dollars being spent. If you can't read, write and do arithmetic sorry no voting. If the majority of voters have an 8th grade education, then the average officeholder will represent the interests, social values and aspirations of that majority. After a few years it would exclude only those who cared so little for the priveledge, that their vote would not be an indication of any real political opinion. A sales tax or payroll tax that is paid in easy installments will not affect the average citizen enough to make them conscious of what their government is depriving them of. I believe voting should be a priveledge to be earned and held as opposed to a natural right of all humanity regardless of condition. Sorry if you don't share that opinion. My 2 cents. Hey by the way, even those of us who like Bush don't call him King. What's up with that?

D.R. Cattle":1el4cy1x said:
Oregonian,
For those that have a legitimate reason to be supported by society we have to make concessions. I suspect that it is a small percentage of the actual dollars being spent. If you can't read, write and do arithmetic sorry no voting. If the majority of voters have an 8th grade education, then the average officeholder will represent the interests, social values and aspirations of that majority. After a few years it would exclude only those who cared so little for the priveledge, that their vote would not be an indication of any real political opinion. A sales tax or payroll tax that is paid in easy installments will not affect the average citizen enough to make them conscious of what their government is depriving them of. I believe voting should be a priveledge to be earned and held as opposed to a natural right of all humanity regardless of condition. Sorry if you don't share that opinion. My 2 cents. Hey by the way, even those of us who like Bush don't call him King. What's up with that?

What does taxes have to do with voting? Can't see the connection.
I call him King George because he thinks he rules the world...he seems to love bully world leaders around. For example, he is sending his sidekick Cheney to Japan to boss the Japanese around....Make sure that they understand Bush favorite's statement "My way or the highway". Don't do what I tell you to do or I will cut off all relations with ya....he tried that in Dec. after the mad cow scare in the US....now the Japanese troops are in Iraq...the relations has resumed. if they pulled away from Iraq, Bush and his cronies will find any excuse to cut off relations with Japan.
Another thing is he feels to make his own decisions with all affairs... he thinks he had rights to go to war without consent from Congress...he chose not to listen to his public servants (us). He sound/acts like the old kings of ancient times....
All I know he is nuts and religious fanatic. Sounds like things aren't going his way lately in Iraq.... Now the majority of the country is fighting us. When you have a majority population fighting against us, there must be something wrong....might want to look at Bush's post-war policies. Iraqi do not want his form of government.....they want a radical government. HOWEVER, that did not satisfy Bush....do it my way....the democratic way.... Sorry Bush but when the population wants their own government in their own style...let them...you are not the decision maker...you are not a king, you are a President. Now act like one!

Maybe the Oregonian wants to go to Iraq and help to run their government for them. I will be glad to pay for a portion of his boat fare.
He knows what they want in a government and they can't get much more nuttier than him.
I was always told that California was the land of the fruits and nuts, Now Oregon is running a close second behind California.

Latest posts