Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
P1010770.jpg
P1010767.jpg

P1010777.jpg
P1010769.jpg

Man that is nice. I'm jealous.

Mine could look like that to ... IF ONLY .... the list is too long to type.

~

Nice eggplant.

I planted marigolds to keep the bugs away. It worked except for a million June bugs.

How do you get 4 photos in one posting like that ?

Beefy, those marigolds are growing in an old feed trough, so they're elevated about a 18" or so. But they do have a large spread.

Cowcop, to get the 4 pics together, first resize them on photobucket to e-mail size. Then copy and paste the first two back to back without skipping a line. Then skip a line after the second pic and repeat procedure for the next two pics.

ga. prime, you always have the most beautiful garden photos and tidy gardens! My pitiful little garden has turned into the Amazon jungle once again, and now a guinea hen is nesting in the weeds...don't dare disturb that, so I guess I've been given a reprieve on cleaning it up. :D

My maters are coming back again and doing great, although I can't let them ripen all the way on the vines or something gets them. I can't eat them anymore anyway! Okra is still good, that's off the menu, too. My cukes are starting to grow, nope, can't eat those either... I do have green beans starting to bloom now, and I CAN eat those.

Given my illness and dietary limitations, I am going to have to rethink this gardening thing altogether. It's a real bummer. The things I really love are things I can't eat anymore... :(

Well, I guess I've run out of excuses for weeding the garden...the guinea keats hatched out this morning! I think there are 11 of them, with their mother and 4 other adults watching over them. It's hard to count them because the mother comes at me full bore when I get too close. It's difficult for something so tiny to make it through short grass, let alone tall weeds. Hope they make it.

PIC00005.jpg

PIC00006.jpg

Good looking birds, Gale. I always like to see Guineas. Never had any, though. Do they damage the produce you're trying to grow?

ga. prime":1o8sbv5v said:
Good looking birds, Gale. I always like to see Guineas. Never had any, though. Do they damage the produce you're trying to grow?

You cut right to the chase, dontcha? I've read that they will patrol a garden for bugs and not harm any plants, but that you should never feed guineas anything that you might want to grow. Well, somewhere along the line, ahem, they developed a taste for tomatos. Oh well..... :) Oh, and there are 12 keats...sure hope there are 12 tomorrow morning.

What do you do with Guineas? Just.......sort......of....let them be. :?: I mean do you eat them? or just what. :cboy:

Latest posts