Late summer auction.....

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score

I will go through it tonight. I saw a couple things interesting. Wish I had a couple things in it.

I'm delivering a Kiefer horse trailer to GA Friday. Might stop on the way back and look.
If you are wanting construction equipment, Friday night is to late, as the 1st sale is Friday. Set your phone up for proxy bid, buy on the way and pickup on the way back. Kill three birds with one stone.

I wish those front tractor weights were a little heavier in the construction auction.

Last edited:
I need one of those 4 story birdhouses from auction ring 3.
That is cool, a bird would be proud of that for a nesting home.. The roof needs a little work.

3000.jpg

Last edited:
If you are wanting construction equipment, Friday night is to late, as the 1st sale is Friday. Set your phone up for proxy bid, buy on the way and pickup on the way back. Kill three birds with one stone.

I wish those front tractor weights were a little heavier in the construction auction.
If I bought construction equipment I might be tempted to work more. Not enough hours left to work much more.

A lot of stuff, some I would be interested in but with a 12% buyers premium and 10% sales tax it makes it hard to bid a fair number. Is the buyers premium in person as well? Any of you locals going?

I will keep an eye on some of it but doubt between the high premium, my cheapness and the in general craziness that is auctions right now I will be making a trip to pick anything up.

There is a 10% buyers premium if you buy on the primacies in person, add another 2% if you buy it on the net, so the total can be as much as 12%. On the sales tax if you are farm tax exempt, provide proof, you do not pay.

Last edited:
What do they require for proof? Do you bring a copy of your schedule F? I know in VA the retailers have a form you sign but not sure about TN.

What do they require for proof? Do you bring a copy of your schedule F? I know in VA the retailers have a form you sign but not sure about TN.
In TN we have a Farm Tax Exempt Card to show and they copy it to prove you are tax exempt. If you buy something on the internet, let me know( I can't be there Sat. to help I will be under a tractor working on a hydraulic pump).

Fill in online (simple), print out, send in and you will get a card you can use to get sales tax exemption on farm products if you don't already have one. I use mine in the three local states (TN-VA-KY) and have on file at the local Coops, TSC, Rural King, local auctions etc. It will probably work anywhere, not only Tennessee. I carry these forms with me and have given out several to the locals the last few years to help get them sales tax exemption.

Here is what my card looks like.

cvl4mdm.jpg

Last edited:

Or Kenny could just send us his username and password, we'll make sure he has something to pick up on the way home........

Or Kenny could just send us his username and password, we'll make sure he has something to pick up on the way home........
They have some good looking Mack trucks as I though Kenny might need another job.

Jltrent is my user name and password. He bids for me
Kenny that is close. I may have a truck load when I go to pay.

A couple years ago at the local auction I left early and when I got home noticed I lost my bidder card with bidder # on it. I did a little sweating as to what I may have bought.

Last edited:

Latest posts