Late Preg Abortions?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

We have had several older cow that seemed to have late Pregnancy abortions - A few weeks to after delivery date the calf has been dead before the cow even starts to calve. Any Ideas???<p>Thanks <p>Bill
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

Sounds like molds or toxins in their feed. <p>Are the calves fully developed?<p>Are the cows having a tough time getting enough feed because of their teeth?<p>Pine needles will cause cows to calve early as well. If you have then in your area that is.<p>Jason Trowbridge<br>Southern Angus Farms<br>Alberta Canada
<br>

[email protected]

Calves are fully developed, Cows teeth are fine,<br>No pine needles, Happened to several different cows over the last two years, and we did not feed them the same food stuffs either year ( hay and corn based grain one year, corn silage and different hay the next) ????<br> <p><br>Bill<p>
<br>

<p>There are several diseases that will cause late abortions as well. Do you have a good vaccination program?
<br>

got heavy mistletoe? I heard it can cause abortion as well.. I would have my cows blood tested for Brucellosis, VD and t.b. tested if I were you..all can cause abortion.<br>: Calves are fully developed, Cows teeth are fine,<br>: No pine needles, Happened to several different cows over the last two years, and we did not feed them the same food stuffs either year ( hay and corn based grain one year, corn silage and different hay the next) ????<br>: <p>: <br>: Bill<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts