Late in Life Marriage

Help Support CattleToday:

Best welder I ever worked with that could do structural, pipelines, and was just handy all the way around had tattoos down half his head, drove a jacked up dodge, and did low rider jumping competitions. He got his shot like every one else and he kept it. I learned a lot from him and he really helped me out. He was a huge contributor to the team.

If you saw him on the streets you would probably lock your doors but he was a heck of a good guy.

I'm ten times more leary of some on pushing Jesus than some one with tattoos, or piercings, or any of that.

What are you saying? Surely not that Jesus has a tattoo…..
Chaded> Stay the course. This may be an example of getting lost in translation. I am confident you will find clarification to your
satisfaction once you do some research. Try to get a handle on when it was written as well as the custom of the times. LVR

Chaded> Stay the course. This may be an example of getting lost in translation. I am confident you will find clarification to your
satisfaction once you do some research. Try to get a handle on when it was written as well as the custom of the times. LVR

I asked the question not for myself, but to get clarification on what silver was saying since he seemed to imply Jesus was going to be tattooed which I disagree with. This was covered for me in my Daniel/Revelation class in college.

I'm ten times more leary of some on pushing Jesus than some one with tattoos, or piercings, or any of that.

I've had similar experiences.

To be honest, anymore, I am suspect of every person I encounter. I learned the hard way, multiple times, that you just never know. I trust my gut now.

I like people rough around the edges. Many of my good friends are covered in tattoos/piercings. They'd give you the shirts off their back.

My hair is halfway down back and stays pulled back and tucked under my hat. Pitiful example of a beard though. Native American blood thing evidently.

I like people to be themselves.

I've had similar experiences.

To be honest, anymore, I am suspect of every person I encounter. I learned the hard way, multiple times, that you just never know. I trust my gut now.

I like people rough around the edges. Many of my good friends are covered in tattoos/piercings. They'd give you the shirts off their back.

My hair is halfway down back and stays pulled back and tucked under my hat. Pitiful example of a beard though. Native American blood thing evidently.

I like people to be themselves.

I try not to judge but to see people as they are and not expect them to be something they aren't. Than again that being said there is a fine like when in say "judge" The kind of people your speaking of I like very much. It's the ones that get all dressed up pretending to be somebody they aren't from there normal lifestyle weekends and friends... lawyers, doctors, dealers, car mechanics, ect that don't mind ripping people off knowing they are to get rich and have a lifestyle from ripping people off. I call that more dishonest. Doesn't have to do with tattoos, people tend to trust people like that more than the tattooed rough edge guys. There a quote...goes something like criminal who work in the courthouse and the ones that try to stay out of it. I didn't understand it at first. I'm definitely not saying all people that work at the courthouses are doing something wrong but ya'll know it happens. I know lots of wonderful people that work at the courthouse. Just like with police officers there the ones that are great police officers and than the ones that do something that could have been a better decision. I couldn't even imagine being a police officer in today's times. Never knowing from day to day much less situation to situation what's going to happen... pull up to a traffic stop turn in to something totally different. It would have to take a strong people for that job.
I try to see both side of situation.

I try not to judge but to see people as they are and not expect them to be something they aren't. Than again that being said there is a fine like when in say "judge" The kind of people your speaking of I like very much. It's the ones that get all dressed up pretending to be somebody they aren't from there normal lifestyle weekends and friends... lawyers, doctors, dealers, car mechanics, ect that don't mind ripping people off knowing they are to get rich and have a lifestyle from ripping people off. I call that more dishonest. Doesn't have to do with tattoos, people tend to trust people like that more than the tattooed rough edge guys. There a quote...goes something like criminal who work in the courthouse and the ones that try to stay out of it. I didn't understand it at first. I'm definitely not saying all people that work at the courthouses are doing something wrong but ya'll know it happens. I know lots of wonderful people that work at the courthouse. Just like with police officers there the ones that are great police officers and than the ones that do something that could have been a better decision. I couldn't even imagine being a police officer in today's times. Never knowing from day to day much less situation to situation what's going to happen... pull up to a traffic stop turn in to something totally different. It would have to take a strong people for that job.
I try to see both side of situation.
It pays to have a birds eye view, 100 percent.

Best welder I ever worked with that could do structural, pipelines, and was just handy all the way around had tattoos down half his head, drove a jacked up dodge, and did low rider jumping competitions. He got his shot like every one else and he kept it. I learned a lot from him and he really helped me out. He was a huge contributor to the team.

If you saw him on the streets you would probably lock your doors but he was a heck of a good guy.

My husband is an amazing welder. I wouldn't tell anybody. 🤫 He is that jack of all trades. Most things he can do it's more if he wants too. If he can't do something he will definitely take the time to learn. He remembers things he reads unlike me I can research and I don't remember exactly things like parts numbers, dates, ect. He is good with numbers.
My dad was good at fixing things, working on cars, building houses,ect. I didn't realize until later in life all men wasn't like that and didn't care to learn to do anything on their own.

Just be you, everybody else is taking. It seems weird to me if you cut your hair and beard just for one event. Unless of course you wanted to for yourself. Keep it simple, life would be easier. Have fun. ➡️ continue to things I hate.... :)
Being myself has more often than not been what gets me in trouble! But I can't stop!
My older brother, widowed 10 years, is getting married this weekend. I'm his best man -- again. I'm a little shaggier than my current profile picture. Will I look OK in the front of a big E-Free Church? OK -- maybe a lot shaggier! My hair is shoulder length, and the beard is appropriately longer. But I bought a new $600 suit at Men's Warehouse.

Attachments

• Altar Egos.jpg
    Altar Egos.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 22
  • Head Table.jpg
    Head Table.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Bros.jpg
    Bros.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 22
  • The Guys.jpg
    The Guys.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 22
Got it done! Just in time for our First North Dakota Blizzard. Tough drive home the next morning, but the bale-grazing cows were as contended as ever!

What is "buckle polishers"? I've never heard that before.... my guess a strumpet? 🤨😬
Buckle polishers hang around cowboys and are more concerned about what's under the cowboys Buckle than anything else.

Couple final photos. That's my wife, The Fair and Perfect Lorelei, on my left, and my sisters on my right, Pat, Gail, and Shirley. We are at Salem Evangelical Free Church in Moorhead, Minnesota, waiting for the wedding to start. Next photo is of my two brand new Ste-Grand-Nieces, MacKenna and Lily -- hird grade cousins in Fargo and West Fargo and they are sure comfortable in their skin! The little guy with Dale and me, above, is Ring Bearer/Show Stealer Decklan.

Attachments

• Gallaghers of the Round Table.jpg
    Gallaghers of the Round Table.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Cousins Mackenna and Lily.jpg
    Cousins Mackenna and Lily.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 16
I'm sure everyone on a cow forum understands that clothes make the man
Maybe not, but I noticed while wandering around West Acres Mall this weekend that the number of women's clothing stores indicate the market understands something we do not -- particularly about women.

Latest posts