Last years C-Section

Help Support CattleToday:

S&S Farms

Reaction score
The c sec heifer from last year calved unnassisted yesterday. I have been hoping things would work well this year. I have not weighed calf yet but eyeballing at 80 - 85. Last year it was a 81 lb heifer. I will report back weight later tonite. I have to get calf to my chute scales since I broke arm last week. She went from a march to a may calf. Wife was immpressed she bred back that soon.

Congratulations, most people would have sent that girl packing. What made you decide to keep her? Sounds like you made a good choice.

Could you post pictures? Would like to see pictures of calf and also cow. I've never seen a c-section scar on a cow.

S&S Farms":1m4y5q3e said:
The c sec heifer from last year calved unnassisted yesterday. I have been hoping things would work well this year. I have not weighed calf yet but eyeballing at 80 - 85. Last year it was a 81 lb heifer. I will report back weight later tonite. I have to get calf to my chute scales since I broke arm last week. She went from a march to a may calf. Wife was immpressed she bred back that soon.
she had to have a c section on a 81 pound calf. how old was she on that first one?

ALACOWMAN":2pgcun85 said:
S&S Farms":2pgcun85 said:
she had to have a c section on a 81 pound calf. how old was she on that first one?

If you read some of my other posts I complain about one bull I used that seemed to be hard caklving daughters the first year she was the hardest. Her pelvic area never grew enough before the first calf.

She was within six days of being a two year old. I miss spoke earlier she had the calf on the 31st of January not early march s I thought.

Gate opener I have decide as a seedstock producer I am sometimes running a research farm. I figured worst case we do this again or I lose the cow. We will steer the calf should make a good 4H project for someone.

Latest posts