Last Night's Storms

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
We are three for three in Glen Rose. All three rent houses took minor damage. The bad things is the huge pecan trees provided a whole lot of shade. They are mangled. The old house still has a lot of shade on three sides.

That, was some kind of lightning!
Hit here about 3:30 or 4am. Lots of wind driven rain but I haven't seen any damage, tho the house did shake from all the thunder. At 10am, it was 66 deg here. Partly sunny now and in the 70s and looks like going to be a nice afternoon.

I fertilized 57 acres of just baled SS, and 17 acres of coastal. Sprayed weeds on a neglected 20 acre Hayfield. Got a good 11/2 "were I spread fertilizer...missed where I sprayed... :cowboy:

It dumped 2.07" on us last night-this morning and I haven't heard of any damage in my area. Last Friday was a different story tho. I was in Greenville at the Ford house when the storms started rolling in and luckily for me the main stuff was a little north of where I was. Checked the radar and they were headed east on the north side of 380 and I needed to be west bound on 380 to get home. I got thru okay but I saw a funnel cloud at the edge of Greenville for a minute or so. The straight line winds came into town and tore up stuff on the west side and downtown Greenville. They made a big mess but no serious injuries out of it.

They're saying 70 mile an hour winds Sunday night. Power was out for hours. Almost 24 hours for some places. Glen Rose is a real wreck. Highways were shut down for a few hours with trees all in the roads. Luckily it is not on the beaten path. Still treacherous for the locals. No deaths.

Latest posts