Last Nights Briskets

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
I have a wedding reception on Sunday for 75 people so I started cooking a little early. Five briskets that have been out a couple of hours and cooling down so I can work them.

brisket001.jpg

This is my testing procedure. Stick finger in fat cap and if it easily gives to the meat it's done.

brisket004.jpg

At this stage the fat cap should roll off easily.

brisket005.jpg

Tonight four pork shoulders.

alisonb":2s7vc32n said:
I bet you slurped your fingers after that Slick :p

Nope, not now. That would be like drinking grease. :shock: I do get the eat the meat that doesn't make into the packaging tho. :D Thanks, Cindy! Got busy and didn't get the butts on, so they have to be cooked tonight.

You'll probably throw rocks at me, but I use a CookShack smoker. It's electric with digital controls. Set the time and temp and go to bed when you want because it goes in a holding temperature (140F) until you get there the next morning. Never thought I'd like it but it delivers a consistent flavor every cook and that's what's required when you're doing business. The only negative thing I can say about it is I don't get the smoke ring like wood.

I like the Cookshacks. Never used one but I like the target and hold option. I'm working on a new build out of a commercial stainless steal refrigerator I intercepted before it got to the dump. I hope it will be a set and forget setup if I can figure out how to wire it and decide if I want gas or electric. Probably going to go with electric. I srounged a heating element and a thermostat at the dump too so I'm gradually getting there. How does the smokeshack generate smoke. Is it dust, pellets or bricks and how are they ignited?

Jogeephus":mi7bcmu6 said:
13 hours. :shock: I bet your head was killing you. :lol2:
:shock: :lol2:

Must be a slow cooking method type thing.
Meat looks great..but its making me hungry again and I just ate

hooknline":sf88t8tf said:
Jogeephus":sf88t8tf said:

Well finally someone gave the ladies some smoked butts to see !!! :lol: :p :help: :banana:

Looks great ,hope your wedding reception went well today . :tiphat:

hillsdown":34kpr4he said:
hooknline":34kpr4he said:
Jogeephus":34kpr4he said:

Well finally someone gave the ladies some smoked butts to see !!! :lol: :p :help: :banana:

I promise HD, next smoked butt you see will be mine

:cowboy: :mrgreen:

Ok..maybe not if someone beats me to it.

Jogeephus":3sb6s5h9 said:
How does the smokeshack generate smoke. Is it dust, pellets or bricks and how are they ignited?

Mine has two heating elements and in the middle of them are two wood trays that I fill with chunks. I've used chips, but I prefer chunks. Dust or pellets would also work, I bet.

hillsdown":3sb6s5h9 said:

I heard you have been disappointed before. :lol:

Wedding went good, thank you, and I'm sure glad it's behind me. Now I can sell all my equipment and fully retire. :tiphat:

slick4591":263ubux2 said:
Jogeephus":263ubux2 said:
How does the smokeshack generate smoke. Is it dust, pellets or bricks and how are they ignited?

Mine has two heating elements and in the middle of them are two wood trays that I fill with chunks. I've used chips, but I prefer chunks. Dust or pellets would also work, I bet.

hillsdown":263ubux2 said:

I heard you have been disappointed before. :lol:

Wedding went good, thank you, and I'm sure glad it's behind me. Now I can sell all my equipment and fully retire. :tiphat:

Yep, just waiting for Hook to post his butts and then I can turn in my keyboard . ;-) :lol:

Glad all went well for your last one, enjoy retirement . Now you can spend more time with your beautiful Pieds :D

You ladies need to spend more time with your men and less time worrying bout our butts :hide: