Last name meanings

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
My last name, although I haven't looked it up, is suposed to mean Dairy Farmer. Hmmmm, that's weird, I think all of my Dad and his siblings that stayed in farming, at one point in time had dairies.

Does anyone else know what there last name means?

Mine means "from the Rine valley"

Farmgirl10, your surname is very common in SA, don't know the meaning though, is it German or Dutch?

German, it's actually supposed to be one of the top ten most common names in Germany right now. Although I was always told we were ship builders in Germany. :? Now I'm confused.

Hey, maybe I have family in S.A. I found some of my moms family still in Germany, Ireland, England, and some even in New Zealand.

Interesting post. Never thought about it till now. Looked mine up and seems I'm a "gift from the Lord". I don't know about all this and think many would argue so the next thought is maybe I'm adopted. :oops: :lol2:

Last name means "of the bark rapids". More impressive to say that full name means "Mountain Warrior of the Bark Rapids" :cowboy:

My mother's maiden name means "of the farm", my maiden name means "long street", and I don't know what my married name means, can't find it yet.

Depnds on the language. Mine has been explained as "from a fishing village" in Norwegian and "thief or crook" in Icelandic

HerefordSire":2th3d9cv said:
Mine is "King" in Latin. In English, it is Dirt, as in Joe Dirt. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I believe I'd go with the dirt if I was you. Cause old Joe Dirt ended up with one hot babe. You reckon it was the name or the doo? If it were the doo then I'd go with the Latin and just call myself King Mullet ;-) :lol2: :lol2:

Mine is, "Sorry, we have no name meaning and origin for the last name"

that figures :help: :lol2:

Huh. Mine means "crooked mouth". The comments from the peanut gallery should be interesting on this one...

Latest posts