Last calf this yr.

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for kind words.

Jeanne your right it was a heifer.

I have a different bull now. Hope he does what I want

It is somewhat common here to not preg check, and then sell all late, not calved yet, cows in June.
In a dry year like this they go for a little more than kill price, which usually peaks in early June.
Pencils out OK, compared to culling cows during the fall run price low, as long as hay is not expensive.

Stocker Steve":1pl0csbr said:
It is somewhat common here to not prep check, and then sell all late, not calved yet, cows in June.
Pencils out OK, compared to culling cows during the fall run, as long as hay is not expensive.

I have a little different circumstances. This cow originally was a fall calver. With some family health issues I was forced to sell alot of cows to keep the family farm. If that makes sense. So right now I need numbers. And I have the hay and grass.

Allenw":2od9sp2b said:
JHH":2od9sp2b said:
Allenw":2od9sp2b said:
Good looking cattle, what's the breeding on the 6v bull?

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... 2227262425

A Deewall bred bull. Great muscle and thickness in those cattle.

I turned my first Deewall bull out the other day, now I have to wait until next spring for calves out of him.

Was wondering if you had turned him out yet. Will be interested what you think of his calves.

elkwc":1pjit6fr said:
Allenw":1pjit6fr said:
JHH":1pjit6fr said:
http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... 2227262425

A Deewall bred bull. Great muscle and thickness in those cattle.

I turned my first Deewall bull out the other day, now I have to wait until next spring for calves out of him.

Was wondering if you had turned him out yet. Will be interested what you think of his calves.

I happy with him, he's gentle and stayed in condition with minimal supplementation on hay and some grass. He had his mind on loving when I was over there earlier. I'm hoping he can bring some efficiency to my cow herd, get back to what Herefords used to be and away from the higher maintenance levels that have worked their way into the herd.

Latest posts