Last Baby 2004

Help Support CattleToday:

TR":2mgd10na said:
Thanks, and yup, he's a dun colored buckskin paint. He has two 4" belly spots on either side. Not too painted up, but he has that dark dorsal stripe and zebra striping on his legs which is kinda cool. I just halter broke him a week ago, and he's coming along quite nicely. Picks up his feet, stands tied, all sorts of grownup stuff! :)
TR. I notice that you are going to sell him. How big will he be when mature and what is his sire and dam like.

OldTex":17ep2j78 said:
TR":17ep2j78 said:
Thanks, and yup, he's a dun colored buckskin paint. He has two 4" belly spots on either side. Not too painted up, but he has that dark dorsal stripe and zebra striping on his legs which is kinda cool. I just halter broke him a week ago, and he's coming along quite nicely. Picks up his feet, stands tied, all sorts of grownup stuff! :)
TR. I notice that you are going to sell him. How big will he be when mature and what is his sire and dam like.

I expect him to be around 15 hands and say 1050 plus pounds or so. His father is an Impressive bred black/white overo paint, and his mama is a grade buckskin mare. She has some mustang points on her, but is of QH type. Short and stocky. 'Bout as wide as she is tall. His father was about 14.2 hands and he's built alot like his daddy. The colt's full sister though, is a tall yearling, so his daddy is throwing taller than he is. He's a good kid, and has been real easy to work with.

LOL! yes, and to change my avatar.....this little dude is my new project, and I have to sell him before I get too attached........his mama is due again in April, and the last thing I need are 4 horses out here when I'm the only one who fusses with them......he sure is a good boy though......

Very Nice, and manners too, such a plus at a young age. Good Luck
with him.