Last 3 steers for this spring and 1 cull cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Jacob

Reaction score
I am going to deliver the last 3 steers for the season. One will go in my own freezer as I been waiting patiently. Weighed them this afternoon and these angus steers weighed 1310, 1350 and 1390.

The cull cow was 1585 and we will grind her all into hamburger and sell in 25 pound bundles. I'm curious how many pounds I'm going to get. I'm gonna try to pre sale 500 pounds as I don't have enough freezer space to fit it all.

They look good. The middle str at the bunk could use a little more time, but he's good enough to go in somebody's freezer.
From your posts I'd say you've had a pretty good first turn feeding cattle. Good job.

Last edited:
nice group especially this late on your deal.. glad it is over how about you?
Thanks. Yes I'm glad it's over for the year. Just now trying to figure out how to improve on what I did this year and working out logistics!!! Delivery pick up and coordinating with customers to pick up.

I am going to deliver the last 3 steers for the season. One will go in my own freezer as I been waiting patiently. Weighed them this afternoon and these angus steers weighed 1310, 1350 and 1390.

The cull cow was 1585 and we will grind her all into hamburger and sell in 25 pound bundles. I'm curious how many pounds I'm going to get. I'm gonna try to pre sale 500 pounds as I don't have enough freezer space to fit it all.
My guess is you will get seventeen 25 lb bundles from her with enough left over to make a nice sized hamburger for yourself. Liver isn't a very popular item.
Do you end up using/marketing it for pet food?

Last edited:
Jacob;
Nice looking animals. Any insight you can provide on feed rations would be appreciated.
Bob

These steers were 17 months old. Beef feeding 14% CPC developer from the Alabama co op. I did feed them 7 pounds of cracked corn the last 75 days or so. They were getting about 20 pounds total per head per day and also getting some volunteer rye grass and clover when things started greening up the first of March. I'm interested to see what it looks like. One of them is going in my freezer so we shall see.

Latest posts