Lasik surgery?

Help Support CattleToday:

Its not a forever fix, many people after 6-8 years end up wearing glasses again. And not everyone can have it done. If you got the money to spend and want perfect vision for awhile-go for it.

GMN

I don't know about that. I looked back at pictures to figure out when I got mine fixed, and it was 11 years ago. Still as good as the first day

I think the later in life you get it the shorter the time it lasts-old age effects everything-even eyesight thats been corrected.

I had my eyes fixed 11 years ago. Now my sight is what it used to be before surgery. I'm thinking to do it again tough.

I had both mine done when I was 40 and now I'm 53, and I can see just as well today as I could after the Lasik. I had to have it done twice because my vision was off the chart bad. They could only test to 20/700 and I was worse than that. After the first one, my vision settled down to 20/60 or 20/70 ish (don't remember) and I had an "enhancement." That put it to 20/15 in one eye and 20/20 in the other. They offered that option of having one close up and one distance, but I wanted to SEEEE things, and if I had to wear reading glasses to see close up things once in a while, it was a price I was willing to pay. I have NEVER regretted it, not for a moment. The first couple of years, I did have to wear reading glasses (Wal-Mart cheapos) when reading or using the computer, but now I really only need them if I'm reading very small print or the light is bad. My distance vision is still excellent. I've never had a problem with glare, and the only "bad" time was the first day or so afterward, when my eyes felt kind of sandy. Back then, mine cost $4,000 for both eyes, but it was the best money I ever spent in my LIFE. That $4,000 included one year of after-care (including the second surgery) and checkups and such.

The doc DID tell me that, at least back then, they didn't like to do it on people 40 or older, and he said it might not make that much difference for me, but he couldn't have been more wrong. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. :D

~Lannie

Lannie":zbc1bnjw said:
I had both mine done when I was 40 and now I'm 53, and I can see just as well today as I could after the Lasik. I had to have it done twice because my vision was off the chart bad. They could only test to 20/700 and I was worse than that. After the first one, my vision settled down to 20/60 or 20/70 ish (don't remember) and I had an "enhancement." That put it to 20/15 in one eye and 20/20 in the other. They offered that option of having one close up and one distance, but I wanted to SEEEE things, and if I had to wear reading glasses to see close up things once in a while, it was a price I was willing to pay. I have NEVER regretted it, not for a moment. The first couple of years, I did have to wear reading glasses (Wal-Mart cheapos) when reading or using the computer, but now I really only need them if I'm reading very small print or the light is bad. My distance vision is still excellent. I've never had a problem with glare, and the only "bad" time was the first day or so afterward, when my eyes felt kind of sandy. Back then, mine cost $4,000 for both eyes, but it was the best money I ever spent in my LIFE. That $4,000 included one year of after-care (including the second surgery) and checkups and such.

The doc DID tell me that, at least back then, they didn't like to do it on people 40 or older, and he said it might not make that much difference for me, but he couldn't have been more wrong. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. :D

~Lannie

That's encouraging, thanks.

Booked my appointment his morning, same price as yours. If I can make it thru the next month wearing glasses without killing myself or any innocent bystanders it'll be a miracle! Had contacts for over 20 years and got to wear these coke bottles for a month to let my eyes go back to their natural shape. Been wearing them for 2 days so far and have already ran the feed truck and four wheeler into the fence. Your eyesight sounds comparable to mine, everything past 6" from my eye is a big blur.

Dang, make sure you don't get near any low hanging branches or you won't need to worry about getting those peepers fixed. You won't have any!

For anybody that gives a crap, I had the surgery done this morning. Discomfort was minimal and I can see pretty good now, still a bit fuzzy though.

Way to go! Hope everything's clear as a bell really soon! I so wish I could talk my husband into it.

cool. Get some rest and let your eyes heal. Will be a world of difference in the am

cfpinz":33g65vv2 said:
For anybody that gives a crap, I had the surgery done this morning. Discomfort was minimal and I can see pretty good now, still a bit fuzzy though.
Proud for you cf...pain should be short lived....fuzziness will last a while and glare will bother you for awhile. After that you should be able to see like an eagle...best wishes for a speedy recovery.

TexasBred":c8b30e8r said:
cfpinz":c8b30e8r said:
Proud for you cf...pain should be short lived....fuzziness will last a while and glare will bother you for awhile. After that you should be able to see like an eagle...best wishes for a speedy recovery.
He goes through life with it all fuzzy, he may be able to see better but the world will still be fuzzy to him.

dun":1i7gawex said:
TexasBred":1i7gawex said:
cfpinz":1i7gawex said:
He goes through life with it all fuzzy, he may be able to see better but the world will still be fuzzy to him.

And I bet you'll still be ugly!

Thanks to all for the warm wishes. The light was bothering me on the way home, but not as much as my wife's driving. After I took a nap the light sensitivity isn't as bad, but the computer screen is still a bit fuzzy.

cfpinz":17q82srb said:

I don't give a crap, I just wish you would quit beyotching about that beautiful wife of yours, at least she was nice enough to drive you to surgery!

MistyMorning":2ws4loth said:
cfpinz":2ws4loth said:

I don't give a crap, I just wish you would quit beyotching about that beautiful wife of yours, at least she was nice enough to drive you to surgery!

Thanks!

Forgot to tell you the other day, but from the pictures I saw of you in the post office, you really do resemble your avatar. It's amazing!

Thank you for asking.

Wonderful, had a check-up first thing this morning and I'm 20/25 according to the Dr. My glasses were -7 and -7.25 if I remember correctly, someone told me that was around 20/400 or 20/500? Bright lights still have a fuzzy halo and dark letters against a light background are kind of fuzzy on the edges, but it's noticeably better than last night. I was told to expect a gradual improvement over the next few weeks/months. That would be absolutely wonderful, but to be perfectly honest, I'm plum tickled to be able to see as good as I do now. Folks with good vision have no idea the gift which they possess.

Better hope your wife doesn;t have it done. When she sees how ugly you are she'll throw you out

dun":1hx9uvkx said:
Better hope your wife doesn;t have it done. When she sees how ugly you are she'll throw you out

Kinda what I was thinking too, just didn't want to express it and have you go off all half cocked on me again! :D