laser on a gun

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Some folks here are work started telling me about the Piney laser. I mounted one on the side of my scope on the 22. Rolled it down on about a 55 degree angle putting it shining just above and to the left of the rifle bore. It makes it a little cumbersome to zero in since it is skewed, but I used the scope cross hairs and kept tweaking it until I got it dead center.

Varmints have been playing havoc on my chicken pens lately. That laser is amazing. I don't really aim much any more. Just put the green dot on them and squeeze. Their eyes glow green so it actually looks like a third eye when you put the dot between their eyes.

I've never used a laser before now but I am liking this little cheapo, after dark.

I electrical taped a LED Tactical flashlite on the underside of the barrel of my 17hmr and zoomed it in as far as it goes and it works pretty great.

backhoeboogie":vb6u83cn said:
Some folks here are work started telling me about the Piney laser. I mounted one on the side of my scope on the 22. Rolled it down on about a 55 degree angle putting it shining just above and to the left of the rifle bore. It makes it a little cumbersome to zero in since it is skewed, but I used the scope cross hairs and kept tweaking it until I got it dead center.

Varmints have been playing havoc on my chicken pens lately. That laser is amazing. I don't really aim much any more. Just put the green dot on them and squeeze. Their eyes glow green so it actually looks like a third eye when you put the dot between their eyes.

I've never used a laser before now but I am liking this little cheapo, after dark.

The dots don't work well on water tho...I have a cheap one on a 20 ga alongside a light.
It's close enough for 1/0 and beaver tho.

I have a laser on my 22 and find it great for pigs, my dogs will bale the pigs up but don't really grab hold unless they are very small, I can shoot the 22 from the hip and put the dot behind the ear of the pig but the good thing is I have full vision of everything and can be confident I am not going to shoot my dogs. Looking through the scope you only have tunnel vision and can't be confident of knowing where the dogs are.

Ken