Largest bobcat I've seen in a while

Help Support CattleToday:

wow I mount all the cats I kill generally. I am running out of room so will start skining and tanning the hydes

Do you have any idea how large the paws are? That could be what I found the other day. Most bobcats around here are not that big but I guess they could be.

Jogeephus":1nh2rg73 said:
Do you have any idea how large the paws are? That could be what I found the other day. Most bobcats around here are not that big but I guess they could be.

Never got out of the truck, Jo. May be out there tomorrow. If so, I'll have another look.

That is a good size! We've never lost a chicken to one yet..

We nearly had this guy as a pet
IMG_8527_filteredcrop_zps80e75f90.jpg

slick4591":30yac2mu said:
Jogeephus":30yac2mu said:

Never got out of the truck, Jo. May be out there tomorrow. If so, I'll have another look.

Slick I know you have alot of chickens you ever have any predator problems ? If so what gives you the most problems ?

skyhightree1":1vqjmorg said:
slick4591":1vqjmorg said:
Jogeephus":1vqjmorg said:

Slick I know you have alot of chickens you ever have any predator problems ? If so what gives you the most problems ?

I've had chickens almost 5 years and the first year I chased off two coyotes that were eyeballing them in their aviary. Later found where something had chewed on the welded wire and had broken a couple, but couldn't get inside. Killed two chicken snakes in nests and a couple of months back had a stray dog kill 5 that were free ranging. Oh, and I've had a two legged one walk off during the night with one under each arm.

slick4591":mgmt6384 said:
[Slick I know you have alot of chickens you ever have any predator problems ? If so what gives you the most problems ?

I've had chickens almost 5 years and the first year I chased off two coyotes that were eyeballing them in their aviary. Later found where something had chewed on the welded wire and had broken a couple, but couldn't get inside. Killed two chicken snakes in nests and a couple of months back had a stray dog kill 5 that were free ranging. Oh, and I've had a two legged one walk off during the night with one under each arm.[/quote]

geez stray dog would have gotten lead poisoning so would the chicken thief. A few loads of # 7 bird shot in the rump would give a great reminder of why not to steal all day everyday.

wacocowboy":39auynr2 said:
I would have stuffed that cat would look good in my living room

That's what I thought.

Jo~ took this picture this morning but now you owe me. Dam thing stank so bad it about turned my stomach. I wear medium gloves.

skyhightree1":3tl9su27 said:
geez stray dog would have gotten lead poisoning so would the chicken thief. A few loads of # 7 bird shot in the rump would give a great reminder of why not to steal all day everyday.

If I had only been there when the dog struck... The person made a late raid and not only cost me the two pullets, but a solar motion light and game camera too.

slick4591":3lc27li6 said:
skyhightree1":3lc27li6 said:

If I had only been there when the dog struck... The person made a late raid and not only cost me the two pullets, but a solar motion light and game camera too.

Sounds like they had scouted you out pretty well.

slick4591":2urw1fbg said:
skyhightree1":2urw1fbg said:

DAG... that sucks.