large pizza order

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I read this on the net, someone ordered 85 pizza's for delivery, the bill was $1463-and the guy who delivered them got a $10 tip-many say this is way too little-that the driver should have gotten a better tip, what do you think a proper tip should have been if any?

My son delivers pizzas and I agree with the $100 tip. $100 is less than 10% and a delivery driver has more expense than a waiter at a restaurant. An order like that at a restaurant would automatically add an 18% tip.
The delivery driver probably had to tote each one and take it out of the insulated bag and repack his vehicle to go back to the store.
Driver do not make very much $

That is a little less than 12 cents per pizza for a tip. That is pretty darn cheap. If I were that kid I might have accidently spit on a few of them after a tip like that. Or better yet just hand the $10 back to him and tell him that he obviously needs it more than the delivery kid does.

Rediculous... Tipping is a big deal to me. Any one who has actually received a tip or a bonus for a job well done knows how important they are. I truely believe you can change a persons whole outlook toward serving others by leaving good tips. I think working as a waiter or waitress should be part of a young persons high school education... mandatory 6 mo.

10 bucks may have been too big of a tip. What if the driver was real late, smelt like pot and kicked your pet cat. I have no problem tipping but it is based on the service or lack of service that I receive.

It should have been more. I called a high school kid out of the kitchen last night at Hardee's and asked him if he made my hamburger. He hesitantly confirmed he did as the manager watched with an uneasy gaze. I thanked him and handed him $5 and told him it was refreshing that someone cared enough to make a hamburger the way they would prepare one for themselves. I gotta say, it was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten away from home and I thought the kid deserved a tip and some recognition. Of course I'm sure his first thoughts were what does this white redneck racist want with me.

I used to work for a really wealthy guy. We would go to dinner and he would lay a 100.00 bill on the table. When the waitress or waiter came over he would tell tham that it was a tip.....they could work up or down from it. We always got the best service.

Dave":1q73uo2x said:
That is a little less than 12 cents per pizza for a tip. That is pretty darn cheap. If I were that kid I might have accidently spit on a few of them after a tip like that. Or better yet just hand the $10 back to him and tell him that he obviously needs it more than the delivery kid does.
You can almost bet that the next time he delivered to them that he DID spit or worse on the product

HOSS":2ppr157l said:
I used to work for a really wealthy guy. We would go to dinner and he would lay a 100.00 bill on the table. When the waitress or waiter came over he would tell tham that it was a tip.....they could work up or down from it. We always got the best service.

I remember one time in the 70's I came out of Alaska with money falling out of my pockets. Four of us went out for drinks. The first round the bill came to something like $8 or $9. I tossed a $100 on the waitress tray and told her to keep the change. We didn't suffer for service that night.

$10 is pitiful.

We used to order out from work from time to time. We had a gal who would not tip the people, with the company credit card. Never let her pick up the food after that.

backhoeboogie":1n9tciwe said:
$10 is pitiful.

We used to order out from work from time to time. We had a gal who would not tip the people, with the company credit card. Never let her pick up the food after that.

From my experience working in restaurants and bars, women tend to be the worst tippers unless they have waited tables before. You can always tell the one's that did because they tipped well if you did your job. Of course there was the one time this girl tipped me $4 for every beer I set in front of her and she drank a lot that night. I think though she had some selfish motives and was wanting to take advantage of me after closing.

I have a friend who owns a bar along with several other businesses. His wife runs the bar. Occasionally things are busy or they are short of help and he will go in and bartend along with her. He has made drinks for people, served them, collected their money, and had them leave a tip telling him that it was for his wife (these people don't know them or the fact that they are married). He is saying what the heck??? I serve them and they tip her. The wife smiles and replies by flashing a little bit of cleavage and saying "but you don't have these."

Dave":3irha4zl said:
HOSS":3irha4zl said:

I remember one time in the 70's I came out of Alaska with money falling out of my pockets. Four of us went out for drinks. The first round the bill came to something like $8 or $9. I tossed a $100 on the waitress tray and told her to keep the change. We didn't suffer for service that night.

Redhead?

Jogeephus":2muvd6m9 said:
backhoeboogie":2muvd6m9 said:
$10 is pitiful.

From my experience working in restaurants and bars, women tend to be the worst tippers unless they have waited tables before. You can always tell the one's that did because they tipped well if you did your job. Of course there was the one time this girl tipped me $4 for every beer I set in front of her and she drank a lot that night. I think though she had some selfish motives and was wanting to take advantage of me after closing.

Never has been an issue with me, but very true. It wasn't that uncommon for me to have a guy tip twice what they were charged. :lol: Always did get the best tips in the salon.

john250":w6y3a8iv said:
Dave":w6y3a8iv said:
HOSS":w6y3a8iv said:

Redhead?

After 5 or 6 months in the middle of no where Alaska who notices hair color. She was female. She smiled at me.

Latest posts