large horse

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Monday,Judy amd I went to see "one of the worlds largest horses" a beautiful black Percheron.... Also a Mennonite couple was there with their two very well behaved children....I thought the horse"Kong" seemed a bit nervous,but put it down to being in a trailer for a long time...then the children left, Kongs head came down,he blew out a big breath,and licked his lips and chewed a bit....seemed to me he was afraid of the kids!! If anyone else sees him,take note and see if you see what I saw.....Kong is solid black 'sept for a star and stripe on his face,a small pink arrow on his nose...

Sorry, I'm not following, where did you see "Kong"? Was it at a fair? If so I can believe he is afraid of squealing, yelling, running, throwing, jumping, pushing, unmannered kids.

Alan

At McCoys Lumber Company.....and these were the best mannered kids ,No squeeling,whineing such..Asked Mom,in a respectful voice what the horses name was...... So I think the horse expected the kids to be awful,and was releved when they left(or so i thought) Wish I could have asked his handler...real nice horse....

What I meant to say was Kong probably remembers small humans that has scared him in the past.

Alan

Yeah probbly so..I kinda thought there should have been someone watching to make sure nobody was mean to him..(just me)

For several years I was the barn manager at the Texas Equestreian Expo at Belton. The last two years Priefert Mfg. had a booth at the expo and brought Goliath with them. He is the world's largest living horse. 19.2 and 2200 lbs. I got to ride him in the arena one afternoon when nothing else was going on. Bareback with a halter. I'm 5'10" and I looked like an ant on his back.

What was even better was that Charlie Trayer was ther to put on an exibition with his dogs and we contracted some cattle for him to use. Craig Cameron was there and said he would bring the cattle into the arena if he could use Goliath. Craig is not as big as I am) Craig was willing. Goliath was willing. The cattle tried to leave the earth.

If you go to the Priefert web site and click on Goliath there are some pictures of him. One is with his handler, That feller is about 5'10".Z

Goliath is a true "Gentle Giant".Z

MillIronQH":r2u6o7wq said:
For several years I was the barn manager at the Texas Equestreian Expo at Belton. The last two years Priefert Mfg. had a booth at the expo and brought Goliath with them. He is the world's largest living horse. 19.2 and 2200 lbs. I got to ride him in the arena one afternoon when nothing else was going on. Bareback with a halter. I'm 5'10" and I looked like an ant on his back.

What was even better was that Charlie Trayer was ther to put on an exibition with his dogs and we contracted some cattle for him to use. Craig Cameron was there and said he would bring the cattle into the arena if he could use Goliath. Craig is not as big as I am) Craig was willing. Goliath was willing. The cattle tried to leave the earth.
Thanks for the info :D I'd sure like to see that 6 up hitch!Must really be something!!

If you go to the Priefert web site and click on Goliath there are some pictures of him. One is with his handler, That feller is about 5'10".Z

Goliath is a true "Gentle Giant".Z

MillIronQH":2ohfql06 said:
I've never seen Texas Thunder which is probably a good thing. I'd be climbing up on the seat and trying to take the lines away from the driver. From what I've been told that hitch can ROCK & ROLL... :D :D :D Z

http://www.priefert.com/dynamic/texasth ... fault.php#

OOH,me toooo :oops: ----there was a artacul(sp) in Eqqus about Fire horses in(big city back East)..Mostely Percheron breeding..Would reallylike to have one like that..

Latest posts