Laptop bit the dust

Help Support CattleToday:

Had a Dell laptop everything went haywire twice and had to have everything reloaded. Last time which was about two weeks ago a statement came up saying that Microsoft was shutting the computer down. Any way the hard drive had quit. Also the space bar key had been giving a lot of trouble. Any was I am now using a HP all in one HP Pavilion and with windows ten and having no problem. Time will tell.
It was ordered directly from HP. Does Microsoft still support windows 7.

dun":sj0jdiqj said:
Upgrading from XP to 10 has really taken some adjusting.

My "desk-top" regular PC runs XP, the laptop runs 10. So different! The browser on the PC is IE, and the browser on the laptop is IE Edge. Big difference there too.

My sister has a Lenovo, not sure which model, has hat a couple of years. Had to purge it once, likes it.

hurleyjd":1vz5l8iz said:
It was ordered directly from HP. Does Microsoft still support windows 7.

Yes they still support it, but that might not last long once the Win10 free upgrade runs out. They will probably cut it off then, and you will have to buy Win10.

10 isn't really that bad, performance wise, but it is too much like 8/8.1 to make it a good OS, (auto update sucks!). I upgraded to 10 from 7, but that was only because I need max performance for my rig.

I have to echo the toshiba as far as durability. My wife works on her laptop and we have had HP, sony, dell and toshibas. We just bought a toshiba for her nephew. Her current Sony is going down hill and the next one will be toshiba or Asus.

TexasBred":2lqcrivr said:
CB I have a Toshiba Satellite. Had it about 10 years. Probably slow compared the new ones but never had any problems with it.
My old satellite finally bit the dust a year or so ago.

I really like my iPad. It goes in the truck every day. It's all I use day and night. Getting more and more stuff I can use it for business for too. Even has excel on it now even. Also put a app on a few days ago I can sign emails and send back but haven't tried it yet.
Really like it for texting too. Anyone with a iPad or iPhone I can text while I'm on cattletoday.

I like HP a lot. Toshiba isn't great but the charging port is cheaply attached easy to break. I like ones with the magnetic chargers. Apple are great but can be a bit complicated. Stay away from the Surface Pros it is neat but a POS. I have heard good things about Dell but never owned one.

wacocowboy":16wvs59f said:
I like HP a lot. Toshiba isn't great but the charging port is cheaply attached easy to break. I like ones with the magnetic chargers. Apple are great but can be a bit complicated. Stay away from the Surface Pros it is neat but a POS. I have heard good things about Dell but never owned one.
Dell desktops are excellent but wife bought a Dell laptop several years ago and it was a POS from the get go.

TexasBred":23rru4qc said:
wacocowboy":23rru4qc said:
Dell desktops are excellent but wife bought a Dell laptop several years ago and it was a POS from the get go.
I've had a couple of refurbed Dell laptops over the years, held up a whole lot better then the HP or Gateway.

I had a Gateway desktop some years back before Acer bought them out. It was an 'ok' machine, but cumbersomly slow for what it was advertised to be able to do. Took forever to bootup/post, and I had frequent processor heat problems .

Caustic Burno":1gnlfexz said:
I am starting to like the iPad over a laptop.
Screen is to dam small! I don;t even like a laptop for the same reason

dun":3o2748f9 said:
Caustic Burno":3o2748f9 said:
I am starting to like the iPad over a laptop.
Screen is to dam small! I don;t even like a laptop for the same reason
You do know you can expand it? Ha, just messing with you.
I did learn one thing about small print, if you can't read something to small take a picture and then expand it. Works great on medicine bottles.
I've also gotten where I don't like a book because I'm always trying to expand to page.

Has nothing to do with the size of the print. It's about the quantity of data than be displayed on the screen at one time. I hate having to scroll from side to side to be able to read an entire line.

Latest posts